Pryamid extra rigs

Guest micropizza

Never did see what these new rigs were for on the speaker towers this year, I was hoping they'd be projectors for the pyramid like Coldplay, or some sort of mega confetti cannons, but don't remember seeing them do anything the weekend (tho I didnt see every closing act)

Looks like they're hiking up a load of balloons/balls up to it in this pic too...

W8AHC2yl.jpg

edit: sounds like the balls were dropped at the Metallica gig, didn't bother watching that recording til the end...

Still wondering what was in the elevated platforms tho!

Edited by micropizza

Definitely four manned camera positions; two on each tower.

Last year the BBC tried having cameras mounted on the two floors above the central control building in the middle of the field facing the Pyramid. But those pesky flags still got in the way.

I am merely speculating. Others on here have suggested that they might be camera positions as well. If the mixing desk was the same last year, were these positions also in place then for the Stones etc. I have a feeling that I might have seen them being used as far back as Coldplay 2011...?

Two pods each side of the stage. One pod had a follow spot, the other had a camera but didn't seem to be used much, although I haven't watch all of my recordings yet. I assumed it was an attempt to get shots that weren't repeatedly blocked by the flags.

I got the impresion that not only had the mixing desk shrunk but had also moved slightly forward & from the TV shots the front barrier moved a bit nearer the stage, but that might have been my imagination play tricks from last year.

Two pods each side of the stage. One pod had a follow spot, the other had a camera but didn't seem to be used much, although I haven't watch all of my recordings yet. I assumed it was an attempt to get shots that weren't repeatedly blocked by the flags.

I got the impresion that not only had the mixing desk shrunk but had also moved slightly forward & from the TV shots the front barrier moved a bit nearer the stage, but that might have been my imagination play tricks from last year.