That's a great start if it's the case. I did bump into a guy I've worked with on litter pick before and he asked us to chuck all paired wellies we find to one side as there would be a crew going around collecting them. What their deal was I don't exactly know but someone said something about selling them on to all the fruit pickers for a tenner a pair, once cleaned and inspected?

There is a lot of gossip and rumours that go round each year, so take with salt!

That's a great start if it's the case. I did bump into a guy I've worked with on litter pick before and he asked us to chuck all paired wellies we find to one side as there would be a crew going around collecting them. What their deal was I don't exactly know but someone said something about selling them on to all the fruit pickers for a tenner a pair, once cleaned and inspected?

There is a lot of gossip and rumours that go round each year, so take with salt!

He was definitely licensed, I saw the email so it appears something positive is starting to happen ok.

Regarding the wellies that's true too, there were signs and posters around the site saying to drop unwanted ones somewhere (forget where) as a group were collecting them for re-use.

If they can get some sort of a system going between the crews with regards to the working areas that would allow these guys the time needed to have a real bash at getting tents down and packed for re-use, that would be a great thing.

It was originally heartbreaking stuff to be feeding £600 tents into a machine, now its just part of the job, we get a bollocking if we get seen tatting whilst on a shift so there is not much to be done but feed the machine and tidy the farm!

Do people "tatting" things on Monday not stop to think that the owners might want them and may be somewhere else at the time? You're basically stealing without any sort of consent... bad and somewhat worse than people who leave stuff behind :(

I think your imagination is rather running wild.

People aren't going around taking down intact camp sites - you've seen the pictures of abandoned tents - when you see a campsite and there's two tents missing, four still standing with every door/flap open and nothing inside but two airbeds, a box of empties and some piles of tissue/food wrappers and the sleeping bags left in a pile of rubbish in the centre of the campsite there's not much question - very different to still inhabited campsites where there are bags and clothes and folk still bothered to close up. people just don't leave their campsites looking utterly abandoned - it's blindingly obvious if you go look next year you'll be able to see the difference straight away often from a distance

Virtually noone is just on the rob!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I got back yesterday from doing the litter pick I was in the last 20 people. Anyway I have landfilled thousands of perfectly good tents and sleeping bags and camping equipment. I go tatting on monday you do develop a eye for things that have been abandoned, I came across one tent which was open with a rucksack and clothes and camping equipment inside didnt touch it although it was very likely just left this was late monday night .

Most of the stuff you can clearly see whether people have left it .

Anyway I wonder how many of the people going on about tatting actually have worked on the clear-up and do that as a regular thing, Without tatting more stuff would end up in landfill,. landfill thousands of tents break them to pieces lots still with the price tags on them they are that new and tell me tatting is bad

• Upvote 2

He was definitely licensed, I saw the email so it appears something positive is starting to happen ok.

Regarding the wellies that's true too, there were signs and posters around the site saying to drop unwanted ones somewhere (forget where) as a group were collecting them for re-use.

The wellies were being collected for the Small Steps project, they were in our litterpicking team on the Pyramid. The wellies are cleaned and sorted and sent out to people who are living and working on rubbish dumps with inadequate or no footwear.

Difficult to know whether you are stealing or not, unless you have spoken to the original owners before moving in.

An opened tent flapping around in the wind could easily have just been subject to a raid by thieves before you...Then the owners come back from some Monday shopping, to find their tent has gone....Wonderful!!

Using words like "Liberating" may make the theft of items seem more palatable. At best, you are removing items that those who work on the clean up could arguably view as their 'bonus' for the hard work that they do....At worst you may well be taking the possessions of some poor bugger who has nipped off for something to eat, before completing the final pack down.

As someone who likes to stay for a while on Monday, I would say that the Monday thieves are a right royal pain in the arse.

• Downvote 3

Difficult to know whether you are stealing or not, unless you have spoken to the original owners before moving in.

An opened tent flapping around in the wind could easily have just been subject to a raid by thieves before you...Then the owners come back from some Monday shopping, to find their tent has gone....Wonderful!!

Using words like "Liberating" may make the theft of items seem more palatable. At best, you are removing items that those who work on the clean up could arguably view as their 'bonus' for the hard work that they do....At worst you may well be taking the possessions of some poor bugger who has nipped off for something to eat, before completing the final pack down.

As someone who likes to stay for a while on Monday, I would say that the Monday thieves are a right royal pain in the arse.

You could always tape a sign in an A4 plastic wallet to your tent on Monday saying that the tent and it's contents have not been abandoned and that you will be returning. Obviously there's no guarantee that it will work, but with so many other discarded tents to choose from then I would have thought it highly likely that any tatter would simply move on. I get the impression that these people are trying to do something environmentally minded rather than be the type of person that thinks fuck the planet and everybody on it.

• Upvote 1

You could always tape a sign in an A4 plastic wallet to your tent on Monday saying that the tent and it's contents have not been abandoned and that you will be returning. Obviously there's no guarantee that it will work, but with so many other discarded tents to choose from then I would have thought it highly likely that any tatter would simply move on. I get the impression that these people are trying to do something environmentally minded rather than be the type of person that thinks fuck the planet and everybody on it.

You shouldn't really have to tape anything to your tent though really. People should just leave stuff alone that doesn't belong to them.

I'm also not convinced that many of the 'tatters' have care for the environment in mind, but rather that they are just concerned about bagging a few freebies. Many of the ones I've seen make more mess as they rummage through stuff and discard whatever they don't want where they stand.

Also I think the fact that more people now seem to be getting onto this has resulted in people starting earlier and earlier and being far less considered about the stuff that they take.

It's hard enough getting all your shit sorted out on the Monday, without the added pressure that someone might nick half of it if you disappear to chill out or have trecked off to take a load of gear to the car...It can take a couple of hours to make 1 journey to car and back, so easy to assume someone has left when they haven't.

There were people out "tatting" at 7 a.m. on Monday morning this year...Out of order as far as I'm concerned

• Upvote 1

7am is wayy too early to be doing that. We took a tent down around 3/4pm on the Monday last year, we'd been the only one in our area for hours and the 'owners' were definitely not coming back. Some people will call it stealing & that's fair enough, but if we hadn't taken it (and all of our own stuff) it would probably have ended up in landfill

You shouldn't really have to tape anything to your tent though really. People should just leave stuff alone that doesn't belong to them.

And leave literally thousands of tents and equipment go to waste in landfill sites? I'm not trying to be facetious with this question, but do you 'connect' with the Greenfields area at Glastonbury at all?

Many of the ones I've seen make more mess as they rummage through stuff and discard whatever they don't want where they stand.

Of course they do. Unless they have a fleet of lorries at their disposal then they are going to have to be selective with what they salvage and can make further use of.

Also I think the fact that more people now seem to be getting onto this has resulted in people starting earlier and earlier and being far less considered about the stuff that they take.

Someone working on the clean up has already mentioned on this thread (or it could be another thread) that the tatters barely made a dent in the number of tents and amount of equipment discarded that had to be cleaned up and dumped in landfill. This would indicate to me that there is a need for even more tatters than currently exist. As indicated previously, it's small wonder that they can be so selective with their transport limitations.

It's hard enough getting all your shit sorted out on the Monday, without the added pressure that someone might nick half of it if you disappear to chill out or have trecked off to take a load of gear to the car...It can take a couple of hours to make 1 journey to car and back, so easy to assume someone has left when they haven't.

Yes it is gruesome carting all your stuff back to the car on Monday. I suspect that's the main reason why all this stuff is discarded in the first place. You have a fear of something happening to your equipment which when you have attended the festival hasn't actually happened to you (or at least you've not said it has). I can't see why these tatters would steal someone's stuff and potentially get into bother when they can just walk a few yards further to another tent or pile of equipment which has obviously been left. Let's face it, according to the figures they had 5,000 tents to choose from, so why chose one that looks unlikely to have been discarded?

There were people out "tatting" at 7 a.m. on Monday morning this year...Out of order as far as I'm concerned

Of course there were, because many people will have discarded their stuff and left site by then.

And leave literally thousands of tents and equipment go to waste in landfill sites? I'm not trying to be facetious with this question, but do you 'connect' with the Greenfields area at Glastonbury at all?

Yes, that is probably the main attraction from my perspective. I struggle to see too much connection between people hunting for left over alcohol and drugs or the odd decent tent etc. and being Green?

Surely if these people want to contribute to the festival in that way they could stay behind and assist with the clean up operation....Please let's not pretend that they are doing a public service, as you have already said, they do not even make a dent in the discarded items, so in truth, they are just an unwanted nuisance.

Of course they do. Unless they have a fleet of lorries at their disposal then they are going to have to be selective with what they salvage and can make further use of.

So you agree they are a nuisance? This will cost the site in additional clean up...Surely better (if possible) for proper organised collection of tents or unwanted items once we know people are gone from the site i.e. from Tuesday onwards?

Someone working on the clean up has already mentioned on this thread (or it could be another thread) that the tatters barely made a dent in the number of tents and amount of equipment discarded that had to be cleaned up and dumped in landfill. This would indicate to me that there is a need for even more tatters than currently exist. As indicated previously, it's small wonder that they can be so selective with their transport limitations.

I'd say it indicates that the organisers may well need to look at options for reducing the amount of stuff that is dumped in landfill. I don't think that the solution involves them encouraging widespread theft on the Monday. In fact I suspect such a move would result in two massive issues:

1. Even more people would just leave things behind if they were under the impression that it was fine to do so because the 'tatters' will want it.

2. People would feel increasingly pressured to leave the site early in order to avoid the onset of 'tatting' and thus getting half their gear nicked.

Yes it is gruesome carting all your stuff back to the car on Monday. I suspect that's the main reason why all this stuff is discarded in the first place. You have a fear of something happening to your equipment which when you have attended the festival hasn't actually happened to you (or at least you've not said it has). I can't see why these tatters would steal someone's stuff and potentially get into bother when they can just walk a few yards further to another tent or pile of equipment which has obviously been left. Let's face it, according to the figures they had 5,000 tents to choose from, so why chose one that looks unlikely to have been discarded?

In 2010, my nephew had a crate of strongbow removed from a locked tent on the Monday, whilst getting a bite to eat, so tend to be a bit cautious now and where possible leave someone from the group back at camp. Like I say, it is a pain for anyone who hangs around on the Monday. Incidentally, it never used to be this much of a problem previously as it seemed to start much later in the day.

Of course there were, because many people will have discarded their stuff and left site by then.

So it's reasonable to have people rummaging in and around our tents whilst we sleep?

Like I say, it's now seen as a race for the best stuff (well the alcohol and drugs mainly) so people are far less considered about who / where they take stuff from.

For me the message should be simple...If you want to get involved in 'tatting' then at least have the courtesy to wait around until late afternoon on the Monday to start. If you find personal items such as phones, wallets etc. then return these to the owner.

Better still volounteer for the clean up campaign and do it officially, whilst making a positive contribution.

Yes, that is probably the main attraction from my perspective. I struggle to see too much connection between people hunting for left over alcohol and drugs or the odd decent tent etc. and being Green?

Why the switch from discussing people salvaging tents and camping equipment to people who may be looking for drink and drugs? In addition, are you really saying that you cannot see recycling as being Green? You know when you say the Greenfields are the main attraction from your perspective, what is it that draws you to that area?

Surely if these people want to contribute to the festival in that way they could stay behind and assist with the clean up operation....Please let's not pretend that they are doing a public service, as you have already said, they do not even make a dent in the discarded items, so in truth, they are just an unwanted nuisance.

Who says that they want to or even should contribute to the festival 'in that way'? Maybe they are recycling purely for personal gain. What difference would that make? I never said that they were doing a public service. I don't understand why you have suggested that I did. No, they evidently don't make a dent in the overall number of discarded camping equipment left behind. Why does that imply that they are not acting in a green manner, and further more being an unwanted nuisance?

So you agree they are a nuisance? This will cost the site in additional clean up...Surely better (if possible) for proper organised collection of tents or unwanted items once we know people are gone from the site i.e. from Tuesday onwards?

Please tell me where on earth I agreed, even tacitly, that the tatters were a nuisance? Why do you keep making stuff up? Why would the presence of tatters cost GFL additional clean up costs? It's already been indicated that they have to fuck off before they merge with the official clean up crew. What would make this clean up crews activities take longer when there was less stuff to clean up?

I suspect (but admit that I have no proof) that a lot of the tatters are people who have got a bit of room in their vehicle for a bit of salvaged kit. They've had a nice festival and what better way to round it off by salvaging an almost new tent etc They may not have the time to stop another night and wait until a formal start at 9.00am Tuesday. They are still recycling.

I'd say it indicates that the organisers may well need to look at options for reducing the amount of stuff that is dumped in landfill. I don't think that the solution involves them encouraging widespread theft on the Monday.

You are under the impression that GFL encourages, or has in the past, encouraged theft? Where are you getting this from?

This widespread theft you talk of - if it's occurring to that extent then why isn't it all the talk on this site? If it were 'widespread' and most of us had had our kit nicked then do you not think we'd not all have a good moan about it - as is our birth right handed down from generation to generation!

In fact I suspect such a move would result in two massive issues:

1. Even more people would just leave things behind if they were under the impression that it was fine to do so because the 'tatters' will want it.

2. People would feel increasingly pressured to leave the site early in order to avoid the onset of 'tatting' and thus getting half their gear nicked.

What move? What are you talking about?

In 2010, my nephew had a crate of strongbow removed from a locked tent on the Monday, whilst getting a bite to eat, so tend to be a bit cautious now and where possible leave someone from the group back at camp. Like I say, it is a pain for anyone who hangs around on the Monday. Incidentally, it never used to be this much of a problem previously as it seemed to start much later in the day.

So it's reasonable to have people rummaging in and around our tents whilst we sleep?

Somebody nicked a crate of Strongbow on the Monday after the festival in 2010 and it's affected you this much? There's a cider school of thought that would say they were doing you a favour. It's only what I think (I have no empirical evidence) but I'd say that there was more of a chance of that tray being nicked during the festival than at the end of it. That it happened at the end, allegedly by a tatter, is indeed a bad thing but not necessarily enough to condemn all tatters. There are thieves in all walks of life but we can't all go around tarring everybody with the same brush on the strength of that.

I never said it was. I'm only condoning the recycling of equipment where it's glaringly obvious that someone has discarded the kit.

Like I say, it's now seen as a race for the best stuff (well the alcohol and drugs mainly) so people are far less considered about who / where they take stuff from.

For me the message should be simple...If you want to get involved in 'tatting' then at least have the courtesy to wait around until late afternoon on the Monday to start. If you find personal items such as phones, wallets etc. then return these to the owner.

Better still volounteer for the clean up campaign and do it officially, whilst making a positive contribution.

How do you know that people are far less considered now? You've only experienced one theft back in 2010 which doesn't exactly make it current.

I agree in that it would be nice if tatters were to start on the afternoon of the Monday, so that people like yourself could rest easy. However, there's no way to police that and in any case these tatters will presumably start getting discarded stuff straight away from when they start - so the stuff's there for taking regardless ie it gets recycled whatever the start time.

I don't see why they would have to volunteer. As indicated before, some of these tatters might only be in it for personal gain. I can't see why they can't be allowed to do what they do as there's thousands of tents and equipment to salvage and even in the current state of play they are not making significant inroads into achieving a more satisfactory level of recycling.

• Upvote 1

Why the switch from discussing people salvaging tents and camping equipment to people who may be looking for drink and drugs? In addition, are you really saying that you cannot see recycling as being Green? You know when you say the Greenfields are the main attraction from your perspective, what is it that draws you to that area?

Because essentially the two things are intertwined, people are out 'tatting' for what they can get and booze / drugs tends to be the main prize (or don't you agree??)

The number of people who are actually out there 'recycling' tents and other items is minute by comparison to those who are simply out there for what they can get.

I have no issue with the idea of recycling, but I do have a problem with theft being dressed up as recycling.

There is a whole host of reasons that I am attracted to the green fields, but one would certainly be to get away from a grab what you can attitude that seems to have now established itself as part of the Monday morning norm.

Who says that they want to or even should contribute to the festival 'in that way'? Maybe they are recycling purely for personal gain. What difference would that make? I never said that they were doing a public service. I don't understand why you have suggested that I did. No, they evidently don't make a dent in the overall number of discarded camping equipment left behind. Why does that imply that they are not acting in a green manner, and further more being an unwanted nuisance?

Some, may possibly be acting in a green manner and if that is the case, then good on them. The majority IMHO are not and have little regard for what they take or who they take it from. Beyond 100% confirmation from the owners of anything that appears to have been left that they do not want it, there simply is no way of knowing whether you are stealing or not.....This whole idea that you "Get a sense for it" it total rubbish...Plus there are plenty of those involved who don't seem to care whether or not the owners will be returning....If it looks like a decent tent and they can get away with it, then they will have it.

Please tell me where on earth I agreed, even tacitly, that the tatters were a nuisance? Why do you keep making stuff up? Why would the presence of tatters cost GFL additional clean up costs? It's already been indicated that they have to fuck off before they merge with the official clean up crew. What would make this clean up crews activities take longer when there was less stuff to clean up?

You seemed to be agreeing that they make more mess when they rummage through stuff, which they obviously do. This additional mess takes additional time to clean up does it not?

I was being a little facetious by suggesting you agreed they were a nuisance...But you at least agree that they make more mess.

I suspect (but admit that I have no proof) that a lot of the tatters are people who have got a bit of room in their vehicle for a bit of salvaged kit. They've had a nice festival and what better way to round it off by salvaging an almost new tent etc They may not have the time to stop another night and wait until a formal start at 9.00am Tuesday. They are still recycling.

You are under the impression that GFL encourages, or has in the past, encouraged theft? Where are you getting this from?

This widespread theft you talk of - if it's occurring to that extent then why isn't it all the talk on this site? If it were 'widespread' and most of us had had our kit nicked then do you not think we'd not all have a good moan about it - as is our birth right handed down from generation to generation!

If they have the room and then fancy taking some discarded items home, then surely it is reasonable to ask that they at least wait until very late in the day on the Monday. That seemed to be what happened a few years ago.
If they are unable to wait for whatever reason, then probably best not to bother with tatting as it is unfair on people who are still resident on the site.
I suspect lot's of people are not affected by the problem as they leave site early on Monday or late Sunday. Those who are affected, tend to be those of us who want to chill out on Monday, but are now unable to leave our tents.

Somebody nicked a crate of Strongbow on the Monday after the festival in 2010 and it's affected you this much? There's a cider school of thought that would say they were doing you a favour. It's only what I think (I have no empirical evidence) but I'd say that there was more of a chance of that tray being nicked during the festival than at the end of it. That it happened at the end, allegedly by a tatter, is indeed a bad thing but not necessarily enough to condemn all tatters. There are thieves in all walks of life but we can't all go around tarring everybody with the same brush on the strength of that.

I never said it was. I'm only condoning the recycling of equipment where it's glaringly obvious that someone has discarded the kit.

How do you know that people are far less considered now? You've only experienced one theft back in 2010 which doesn't exactly make it current.

I don't know for sure, but that is the perception that I have. I suppose it boils down to the fact that more and more people are getting onto the idea of 'tatting' which has perhaps resulted in the personal gain aspect taking precedence of any attempt to recycle.

The problem is that by creating a situation on Monday, where it is almost acceptable for people to be wandering around in between tents rummaging, then you create an opening for people to take advantage a thieve.

As far as I can see there are potentially more problems associated with this than it seems to resolve. That is only my opinion, but I would say that unless people are willing to do this with some level of care and responsibility (and I think at the least waiting until late on Monday is reasonable) then it ought to be stopped altogether.

Edited by progue

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. Sorry, that's not aimed at you or your point of view progue. I'm saying bollocks because I've just managed to delete my response to your above post before actually posting it. What a bastard. Anyway, it's gone now and that's that. I could start all over again but really don't feel inclined to now. Maybe I'll come back to it later when I'm less angry with myself for deleting my post (it's not the first time I've done this. I'd forgotten just how annoying it is).

Anyway, it may be easier to just agree to disagree on this one. Otherwise I fear we may just go around in circles using long winded posts. Thoughts? Please note that this is me being lazy, so if you do want an itemised response just say so.

I will say though that it's been enlightening/ refreshing looking at the position from another persons viewpoint, so thanks for that.

I'd kind of agree with you mate. These things do end up going round in circles and just become frustrating really.

You are right it is interesting hearing other peoples thoughts / experiences, because your own personal experience tends to colour your judgement. Like everything there is usually a happy medium to be found.

One thing that has come out of this for me though (and don't get me wrong, I know they are not the source of the problem) is the fact that so much stuff does go unnecessarily to landfill, when perhaps a bit more creativity and thought might enable that to be reduced. Some of the stuff Oracle mentioned is a bit disappointing really.

Time and money will, no doubt, play a big part, but it seems a real shame to hear stories of perfectly good stuff going to landfill.

Edited by progue

Time and money will, no doubt, play a big part, but it seems a real shame to hear stories of perfectly good stuff going to landfill.

Yes, this is the real saddening part - especially so given the festivals green credentials.

I've said it before (not sure if it was on this thread or not) that there are smaller festivals out that don't have this problem. Just wondering if the 'don't give a fuck' attitude comes with scale, rather than any other factors such as people's disposable income, the cost of tents etc. I know that when I started going to a smaller festival that the organisers were actually stunned that two people had discarded their tents the year before. I suppose the mind frame of attendees at festivals also needs to be taken into account.

As an aside I wonder if these people were at Glastonbury again this year - see below?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/glastonbury/10095764/Glastonbury-tents-to-be-given-new-lease-of-life.html

Yes, this is the real saddening part - especially so given the festivals green credentials.

I've said it before (not sure if it was on this thread or not) that there are smaller festivals out that don't have this problem. Just wondering if the 'don't give a fuck' attitude comes with scale, rather than any other factors such as people's disposable income, the cost of tents etc. I know that when I started going to a smaller festival that the organisers were actually stunned that two people had discarded their tents the year before. I suppose the mind frame of attendees at festivals also needs to be taken into account.

As an aside I wonder if these people were at Glastonbury again this year - see below?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/glastonbury/10095764/Glastonbury-tents-to-be-given-new-lease-of-life.html

Probably a combination of reasons, but I'd say the distance you have to lug your stuff is probably a big factor, when compared to the smaller festivals. Plus I suppose people maybe feel shamed into acting more responsibly at a smaller festival where they perhaps do not feel quite so anonymous. Of course, it is probable / possible that the people who attend the smaller festivals are just a bit more environmentally responsible on the whole too.

Good article that and perhaps gives an indication of what can be organised with a little bit of ingenuity. Maybe they don't want to advertise that kind of thing goes on as it gives people an excuse to leave things behind of they think someone can make use of it?

It is a great thing to hear someone else's point of view on the subject, for sure, makes the thread much more readable.

Over the 5 yrs i've worked the festival there have been some pikey basta*s on the crew but they dont last long as they are the same types that dont turn up for their 6am shifts or turn up hammered. The gaffers arn't stupid, they see the people who are there to do the job from those who are basically on the take for whatever they can get.

The folks I have had the honour and pleasure of working with over the years at Glasto and other gigs are some of the most creative salt of the earth (sorry for poor cliche) people you could find. How would some of them still be welcomed back each year if they were on the rob? This is a job to us, we work shifts during the festival and then 8 hour days from the tuesday, our jobs are highly valued to us.

If im honest I would say its the highlight of my year!

• Upvote 1

I am sure that there are some people who genuinely think they are doing the right thing by taking a tent that may have been discarded, but are also a lot of people out thieving on the monday and by it being acceptable on monday for people to go scavenging around looking in peoples tents these thieving gits have a reasonable cover. "oh i thought it was abandoned..." bullshit.

I and my ex-girlfriend have had our entire bags stolen from our tents while we were sleeping off a hangover mid morning on the monday, and after we woke up we found many of our neighbours had had there tents ransacked.

This is one of the fecking horrible parts of glastonbury where for the whole weekend you feel safe leaving your things in your tent, but come monday it is apparently not ok to leave your tent even to go and get a coffee, or take your things to the car without fear of having it nicked.

"tatters' may be ok to some extent but those who do not see that there is a problem well feckit you are blind to the problem, and there is a big problem. Just because it has not happened to you.....

Edited by Starks

It is a great thing to hear someone else's point of view on the subject, for sure, makes the thread much more readable.

Over the 5 yrs i've worked the festival there have been some pikey basta*s on the crew but they dont last long as they are the same types that dont turn up for their 6am shifts or turn up hammered. The gaffers arn't stupid, they see the people who are there to do the job from those who are basically on the take for whatever they can get.

The folks I have had the honour and pleasure of working with over the years at Glasto and other gigs are some of the most creative salt of the earth (sorry for poor cliche) people you could find. How would some of them still be welcomed back each year if they were on the rob? This is a job to us, we work shifts during the festival and then 8 hour days from the tuesday, our jobs are highly valued to us.

If im honest I would say its the highlight of my year!

I wasn't suggesting it was the clean up crew on the rob, but rather some of the people who have now latched onto the idea that there is plenty of booty to be had on Monday morning. If tatting was limited to the clean up crew and done later on in the day on Monday, it wouldn't be an issue.

I think it's fair to say though that anyone removing / liberating / taking tents or other items early doors on Monday is potentially stealing, whether they are doing so purposefully or not.

I think it is also fair to say that if you are aware that the site is to be vacated by 6.p.m. on Monday, but you have left an unattended tent after that time, then you can have little complaint if you return to find your tent has been removed.

I wasn't suggesting it was the clean up crew on the rob, but rather some of the people who have now latched onto the idea that there is plenty of booty to be had on Monday morning. If tatting was limited to the clean up crew and done later on in the day on Monday, it wouldn't be an issue.

I think it's fair to say though that anyone removing / liberating / taking tents or other items early doors on Monday is potentially stealing, whether they are doing so purposefully or not.

I think it is also fair to say that if you are aware that the site is to be vacated by 6.p.m. on Monday, but you have left an unattended tent after that time, then you can have little complaint if you return to find your tent has been removed.

100% agree with this

Michael has said as recently as this year that he'd be happy for people to still be around by Tuesday so clearly there are differing interpretations of when you truly have to be offsite.

No stealing - 'end of'.