West Campervan Field photos

NeufNeuf

I struggled to find photos of this field before booking it this year, so in case anyone does a search in 2015 for West Campervan Field photos here's mine (and please add some more if you have any).

On arrival around 14:50 on the Wednesday:

0001_zpsd6vam5p7.jpg

0002_zps7mtymdg4.jpg

Wednesday evening:

0003_zpssiwgo05z.jpg

0004_zpsrmrnnx5v.jpg

Thursday morning:

0005_zpskrzkgnqm.jpg

Edited by NeufNeuf

Which gate does West Camper put you at?

(Also, is that your Yeti? How is it, I really like the look of them !)

We had our own dedicated pedestrian gate (with no name!). It was just the West Campervan field gate next to South Park 1 camping field.

(Yes, that is my Yeti. Love it. Best car I've ever owned. One moment it can tow a caravan, next you can fling it around like a Golf GTI on a twisty Welsh road, the next it turns into a van when you take all the rear seats out and after that you drive it straight up a mountain with its Haldex 4x4. Love it. Just look here at the Driver Power Survey results for 2014. Then go see which car was the winner for the two years before that as well... Enough said.)

It's interesting to see from your photos that the campervan field appears to have no litter during the festival, and that at the end people's litter has obviously been left bagged up as one would hope. It still seems odd that some other people camping in tents don't always follow this approach. Would they still leave litter etc if they had a campervan or is there a strong peer pressure from other campervan owners to conform? That question is mainly for my own musings but if anybody has a view on it then I'd be interested in reading about it.

It's interesting to see from your photos that the campervan field appears to have no litter during the festival, and that at the end people's litter has obviously been left bagged up as one would hope. It still seems odd that some other people camping in tents don't always follow this approach. Would they still leave litter etc if they had a campervan or is there a strong peer pressure from other campervan owners to conform? That question is mainly for my own musings but if anybody has a view on it then I'd be interested in reading about it.

We noticed this throughout the festival. The bulk of caravan and motorhome people kept their areas very tidy. And then once they started to leave it was neatly bagged up and left or in most cases already carried to the central refuse points. I think it is because all these devices have some sort of bin inside and most of these people are used to camping and caravaning and don't p!ss on their own doorsteps when doing so.

The west camper field was very tidy throughout the festival, you could see the difference the second you went though the gate to the festival site

I think people who own their camper/caravan are generally seasoned campers who respect whatever environment they are in and then the rental people are a mix of either nice tidy people who would clean up anyway and then a few who perhaps wouldn't but don't want to be in the messy minority

Having said that there was a group near us who drove off leaving behind a massive tent, chairs, clothes and a pile of general crap so you cant escape idiots wherever you go

Looks like you were in W61. We were next door in W60 (got there Tuesday afternoon). Seemed a smaller area this year, as the tree that's usually in W60 was the other side of the main steel fence within the site. I guess more camping space was needed due to Arcadia's move.

When I went for a wander on the Thursday I couldn't believe the space in W61 ....especially as campervan field tickets seemed to be in high demand. Looked to me that a load more could have been accommodated. Very roomy. Was more of a squeeze in W60, mind.

Looks like you were in W61. We were next door in W60 (got there Tuesday afternoon). Seemed a smaller area this year, as the tree that's usually in W60 was the other side of the main steel fence within the site. I guess more camping space was needed due to Arcadia's move.

When I went for a wander on the Thursday I couldn't believe the space in W61 ....especially as campervan field tickets seemed to be in high demand. Looked to me that a load more could have been accommodated. Very roomy. Was more of a squeeze in W60, mind.

When they set the capacity for the fields they obviously set it more generously per CV ticket than the stewards actually park you up! Hence why those arriving later probably end up with a bit more room around them.

Yup they did make it smaller. See this thread:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/185319-looks-like-west-60-campervan-field-capacity-has-been-reduced/

• 2 months later...

How much of a walk was it back to the festival site? I cannot for the life of me decide on East or West. The quietness of West appeals as does the lack of hills that could bring on death. But, I've actually read that from some parts of West, it could be a 2 hour walk back to the festival site. No thanks. If it's half hour max, then the smaller West will win it for me. Thoughts?

How much of a walk was it back to the festival site? I cannot for the life of me decide on East or West. The quietness of West appeals as does the lack of hills that could bring on death. But, I've actually read that from some parts of West, it could be a 2 hour walk back to the festival site. No thanks. If it's half hour max, then the smaller West will win it for me. Thoughts?

Eh? I think you have your East and West totally mixed up. From the furthest deepest part of the East (which has nearly 5,000 caravans) it can take about 2 hours if you are drunk, have one leg and walk five steps forward for every two back. For a normal person it won't even be 30 min from that deepest corner to the main pedestrian gate (I'm guessing since I've only ever stayed in West).

The West (which has but 1,000 stands) from the furthest corner to the gate is no more than a 10 minute walk for any decent walker. And from there to say the Pyramid about another 25min.

I think anyone even remotely able to read a map can see the scale difference between the east and west camping areas, so the above is really not Rocket Science.

• 5 months later...