Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah considering Beck's only been a small festival headliner or the smaller Thursday night headliner at Bestival I can't see him commanding the Other Stage headline slot at Glastonbury. I think John Peel headliner would be fine. His tour's not shaping up for him to play either way.

I don't see Hot Chip moving up the lineup, but I don't see Glastonbury shifting them down the lineup either. Same again, Other sub, I reckon.

Yeah considering Beck's only been a small festival headliner or the smaller Thursday night headliner at Bestival I can't see him commanding the Other Stage headline slot at Glastonbury. I think John Peel headliner would be fine. His tour's not shaping up for him to play either way.

I don't see Hot Chip moving up the lineup, but I don't see Glastonbury shifting them down the lineup either. Same again, Other sub, I reckon.

I'm on team #hotchipforwestholts. Seems a kind of sideways move for them. They have a dedicated enough fan base to justify a headline slot, even if the venues they're playing aren't actually all that big. Plus, their mix of electronica and live instruments seems more in keeping with the style of West Holts today. It was still Jazzworld with a new name last time they played the festival.

hehehe, they were JP headliner in 07, you really think they haven't got bigger since then? They are definitely big enough to headline the Other, They'd nail it, I reckon.

i said maybe, as if anything, they've gotten smaller since they subbed the Other Stage. depends on who is booked elsewhere i'd imagine. they're not much bigger than London Grammar or Kaiser Chiefs who did it last year, if at all. LG certainly have a lot more buzz about them.

new Hot Chip single is just more of the same, last album didn't exactly set the world alight either.

they've played at pretty much every festival going since then at this stage, so they're hardly a rare act that people will be desperate to see. if someone was interested in them, there have been many opportunities over the years elsewhere.

they can trade off their previous stuff to get a good slot, but they sure as hell won't be Other headliners as they've done nothing to make the jump up.

hadn't really thought about WH, I suppose if Disclosure play there, then Hot Chip could too.

Edited by ghostdancer1

After 80s/90s indie heroes Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins were given sub slots on the Other Stage, could the same happen to Morrissey?

Although I have to say that I don't want Morrissey there anymore, he's lost respect for his fans; cancelling shows, walking off stage. He seems to want to retreat into a little bubble where there's only Morrissey, fine, let him do it.

I seem to recall reading that PatD were a personal pick of Emily Eavis, who was a massive fan at the time and influenced their booking at that level, pretty sure she said that in an interview.

Bugg's law definitely holds true though, anyone can now headline the other stage. It was once the preserve of the more alternative side of larger acts, but last year shows all bets are off.

Saw Faith No More at Soundwave Festival this weekend. They were fantastic, Mike Patton was on form. Was thinking they'd be good headlining the Other Stage and they're in Sweden around Glasto time. Unlikely, I know but would be great.

They are unfortunately booked up in Scandinavia all 3 days of glasto now iirc, shame really