Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

Apologies if this thread already exists, but I couldn't see it.

Anyway, who do you lot think could headline the Other Stage in 2015? I'm struggling to think of any, except maybe The Vaccines as an alternative to an older Pyramid headliner (probably Fleetwood Mac), as boring a choice as it would be (much like Jake Bugg, I guess).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National

Chemical Brothers

Noel Gallagher

I reckon The National will wait until their next album and go for the big headline. Need some new indie names pushing to headline - I think next album it's them and Sigur Ros.

Royal Blood headlining the Other Stage? Okay that would be impressive for them, didn't foresee them reaching that level so soon.

Reckon The Prodigy could headline R&L as an exclusive.

Would love The National, but I doubt they'll have a new album out.

PJ Harvey would be amazing, but I dunno how popular she is really; I would have thought maybe a Park headliner? Would love it anyway, though.

I reckon Disclosure were given west holts this year because they are an easy go to option for a big dance other stage headliner next year.

They could have easily been an other headliner this year.

I don't think they saw it that way otherwise they would have utilised them when Metallica were no longer headlining Other.

Still, they played nine songs in just shy of 40 minutes and aren't ones for crowd interaction to fill up time so they'll need to burst out about seventeen for a headline slot, which is no doubt more than their album consists of.

2016 Other headliners more likely, gives them time to get a second album ready to launch.

I don't think they saw it that way otherwise they would have utilised them when Metallica were no longer headlining Other.

Maybe they couldn't do the saturday? Or Jake Bugg jumped quicker?

It's just my guess anyway, but I think they know Disclosure will want to be back, and were tactical in where they booked them.

Royal Blood headlining could be possible. Jake Bugg just headlined.

After two albums. Saying Royal Blood can headline before an album is realised is a bit far fetched. I'm sure it will be a fantastic number one album .. But it could flop and they could just become know for a few hit singles.

Don't think The National will ever headline, not popular enough here.

If they release another album with good crossover (I know quite a few people that only got into them since High Violet and TWFM) then maybe. Who knows what goes through the minds of the bookers though?