Newbie questions

Guest Mr Boogie

Every year I mean to get tickets for Glastonbury but miss out due to lac of planning, but I've finally cracked... I have to go next year and will do what it takes to get tics. This might sound like a stupid question but what is the general age range of people who go? I'm 29 and wondering if I'd be the oldest f***er there (frankly).

Also think I might struggle to get a large group of folks together (or even any) seeing as how everybody is doing ridiculous things like getting married and saving cash... so do people ever go by themselves?

Free drinks next year for whoever tells me what I want to hear!

I'm 40, was chatting to a lady in her 60's before Lily Allen who told me that this was the first Glastonbury her mother had missed in years. Her mother was 82.

In the Chat forum there was a thread for solo travellers, loads went on their own and there are a few scheduled get togethers that some guys on here arrange so if you have to go it alone you'd be in good company.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Any age goes - it really does. Saw a grey haired old lady on the shoulders of a younger guy watching Blondie. She was having a wail of a time. when I spoke to her later she said he was her Grand Son - that is the spirit of Glastonbury and by no means unusual. No other festival gives you that

You don't have a single thing to worry about. You're probably a bit lower than the average, though never sure how many nippers there

You can do it alone but at least find a group to camp with so you have some familiar faces and folk to do stuff with now and then - too much happens not to talk about it

I've been going for quite a few years and have always seen older people than me attend - even this year at the grand age of 49. I'd say that I would feel out of place at some other festivals, but not Glastonbury. If Michael Eavis can get around the site at 78 then that allows a lot of scope for other slightly younger people to give it a go.

Lots of people go by themselves and often arrange to meet up with each other via this site.

We was talking to to old couples at the side of the glade on the Saturday, they started discussing Metallica and said they weren't going to see them because of the bear hunting thing so was going to see Pixies instead, they were between 60 and 70 easily, they finished off by saying goodbye because they wanted to see Kodaline. Your never too old

I'll officially be an OAP (65) by the time of the next Glasto. But as long as I'm younger than some of the headliner's I've seen - Dolly who was 68 this year, Joan Baez when she was 69 and Leonard Cohen who was superb at the age of 74 - I reckon I'm in with a chance.

The biggest limitation will be when I find it hard to walk around the site but, hopefully, that's still a fair way off.

I'm 54, the people I were with or knew were there were 34, 42, 60, 35, 10, 6, 40, 50, 17, 20, 68. There are children from a few weeks old to 70's/80 year old and everyone in between - it truly is the festival for all. I did think there were less school age children there this this year tho prob due to new rules.

I was 33 when I first went. I think the Glastonbury you want to experience may change with age but the great thing about it is that it is so diverse there is room to do completely different things. I know 2 sets of friends who went this year and we probably only have about 1 act in common that we all saw.

29 is not old in Glasto terms, what's great about the festival is the age range and the flexibility of the site to accommodate all ages and tastes.

What you might want to do before going is a bit of research on camping areas and schedules and stages.

Some camping areas attract a noisier late night crowd, whilst others are more laid back older crowd where you can get a bit of kip each night. Some of the late night areas and dance village also tend to have a slightly younger crowd, but somewhere like Avalon or West Holts tends to be a bit older. Although all stages have a pretty mixed age range