less litter :-)

Guest eFestivals

Well done you lovely lovely people. :D:D:D

I know some was getting hidden by the mud, but everywhere I went in the entertainment areas had significantly less litter strewn around than has been the case in recent years. Let's keep it up, and improve further on it.

I didn't get into the campsites so I've no idea how those were....?

Neil, I thought it was worse than last year...

Thursday evening I walked past the Beat Hotel on Thursday evening I couldn't see the ground. Even when I kicked the rubbish out of the way. Our campsite was left in a disgusting way (not by us, I should add.)

I've got to say that I didn't get over to that side of the site at all, and it's always been worse that side anyway, so perhaps it wasn't the same everywhere.

I agree, and campsites especially (well mine in Park Home) seemed to be being kept so clean by everyone. Even one group who I had judgementally decided 'looked like trouble' (and now concede were good sorts) were carrying a bag of litter out with them every time they went. Magic.

Edited by TomfromStroud

Were there more litter pickers out and about than in previous years? This year I saw them quite often during the day / afternoon. Previously, I've often seen them about early morning, but don't remember seeing them moving about in crowds so much.

(Having said that, I didn't think the litter situation was much different to previous years, and even if there were more litter pickers about, that's no excuse for not using the bins!)

Edited by johnmcga

Well done you lovely lovely people. :D:D:D

I know some was getting hidden by the mud, but everywhere I went in the entertainment areas had significantly less litter strewn around than has been the case in recent years. Let's keep it up, and improve further on it.

I didn't get into the campsites so I've no idea how those were....?

I thought it was much better too - I kinda like the mass disgust going on from the Daily Mail's photos of the cleanup and might even be encouraging it a little

The more people worry about it and are disgusted and do more the better it will get - there were still ruined areas and campsites, but a lot of lovely clean ones too, must starker contrasts between them.

Sunday always ends up a bit of a litter explosion as everyone goes into full blowout mode and I don't think I ever remember it being otherwise.

I think all the litter pickers get sunday afternoon/night off bracing for the monday kick-in of real work - would be interested to know if this is right?

Some areas seemed really good, others as bad as ever, and Tbh it seemed to depend on the general type of punters that each area attracted.

Avalon etc appeared really clear, by Sunday the Pyramid was an absolute shit-tip. The campsites were left in as bad a state as ever :(