How were Public Service Broadcasting

johnmcga

Walked past West Holts just as their set was starting and thought they sounded ok with a decent crowd, but did anyone see their whole set? How did it work on such a ginormous stage, in daylight?

I missed them in Williams Green last year because I didn't really know who they were. I've since discovered their music and become a fan, but this year I decided to see Dolly instead because, well, when will I ever see her again?

I'm obviously hoping they'll play next year too, so I can make it third time lucky.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to go see them for half an hour before Dolly and while it was good and funny it just didnt work at all.

Completely cocked up booking imo, should have been at night and should have been in a tent .

That's a real shame. When they announced that slot, I think a lot of people thought it was a weird choice of time and stage.

That's a real shame. When they announced that slot, I think a lot of people thought it was a weird choice of time and stage.

I think they were booked for that stage so they could use the big LCD display at the back of the stage for the videos but it just didnt work in the daylight.

I saw the whole set from the front and thought they were really good, as said the front man was very funny, I've not seen them before and would imagine it better in a darkened venue visually but the sounded great and I thought that their drummer was really good.

• 7 months later...

Searched this to say that the new album is on Spotify if anyone's interested.

... For the record I was near the front and I, and the four or so people I was with, all really enjoyed it.

I've seen them in the dark in a tent (End of the Road) and there was nothing to choose between the two gigs in my opinion.

They were very good, I enjoyed the set, although it was a bit weird hearing them speak, after all the samples they use. I was off to one side so didn't bother seeing the display until Spitfire.

Weren't they speaking using samples?

they will have been, they do that at every gig

i caught them at Y Not last year and really enjoyed them, but that was in a smallish tent so you could clearly see the screens

i'll check out the new album this evening, it sounds like a good concept

they will have been, they do that at every gig

i caught them at Y Not last year and really enjoyed them, but that was in a smallish tent so you could clearly see the screens

i'll check out the new album this evening, it sounds like a good concept

Ah, it did sound a bit disjointed, but I thought the same voice was used throughout the speaking and the Happy Birthday bit for the drummer, so I thought it was a mimic instead of samples.

Yes, it was the usual samples (which is kind of what actually makes it funny!).

Did the usual "It's great to be at ... ... ... ... The... Glastonbury... Festival" etc stuff. Also, was the drummer's birthday so we were asked to sing him happy birthday. "He would really love that."

Also, a load of mutant things on stilts from the naughty corner invaded halfway through. All in all, it was extremely good.

Surely they have to get a proper headline slot this year.

It needs to be dark or indoors to see the visuals and they are a key part of the set.

The new album has five tunes that I think will be great live, especially The Other Side, Sputnik, Gagarin and Go.

They would have no problem doing a stonking 90 minute headline show IMO

Just to show it's each to their own, I've only walked out of two gigs in over forty years. One was Mick Taylor a good few years ago and the other was PSB at Wychwood. In both cases they came over as up their own backsides. But maybe they were off days.