Blue Car park East 11, anyone have problem with the metal track?

Guest thenavyone

So the bumper of my civic got stuck on some lose metal tracking and ripped my entire front bumper off!! It's the kind of black plastic under bumper part that goes under the metal bumper, if anyone knows what I mean?

1-honda-front-static.jpg?itok=JdyD5rJ0

Did anyone else have a problem with the metal tracks? Thanks.

We were parked in Blue E 11

I have an old BMW Compact Sport with very low bumpers and do get a bit nervous when heading into site with a loaded car.

Never had any trouble at Glasto though - my only tips in future would be to take it slow , keep the bounce to a minimum and try and plan where you get on an off the tracks

One of our convoy we realised had a flat tyre when we loaded the car up to go home. Luckily he had checked his spare and everything before he left and it was fine. We managed a slightly tricky tyre change with the car parked on a slope, sorted it all out, and then saw an AA van as we were driving out that was apparently doing free tyre changes. I didn't like that track though....

Glastonbury are appreciative of feedback if you email the festival office :) I emailed them about Bushy Ground on Tuesday and they've already replied to say thank you and that they've forwarded it to the appropriate person.

They might be interested to know if they're damaging cars!

I'm not surprised that track caught a couple of cars out. It was very dodgy in places and they had a steward warning each car as they approached that there were one or two tricky parts and to take it very slowly. I did hear a couple of loud scrapes and knocks but I did not have any damage, thankfully.

It was on a slope, the track caught on the bumper and dragged it a few yards and destroyed it. I was doing less than 5mph. It's going to cost £500 sadly. I did email the festival office the same day and they said they would forward it to the relevant department. Still gutted though!

• 3 weeks later...

i think this happened at Sonisphere on the Saturday night to someone's 'expensive' car on similar trackway, they ended up closing the road on Sunday as it kept lifting and hitting car bumpers on vehicles wholly unsuitable for rural driving - in many cases I saw it happen to - I wondered how on earth these lo profile cars could ever drive around some of the roads in Somerset/Devon where thanks to cuts in road repairs there's some pretty big trenches in the roads.

Edited by 5co77ie

When I arrived at the Purple route entrance on the A37 at about 8.45pm on Tuesday night the gate was shut and the steward told me it was because they were replacing some of the metal trackway, so I had to go back down to the Blue route entrance. Makes me wonder now if there had been some problems with the early arrivals.

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't take our Civic this year & I was secretly pleased - I do find the front of it is so low it catches on everything!

We did hit one pretty hard on the way out in the car we did take but thankfully no damage - hope if you've emailed the festival office they will at least take note for the future - maybe a few more steward checks in the car parks are required?