"Glastonbury foot"

Jackmypie

Can I suggest that all you people with numb toes invest in a pair of wellies a size up?! I have notoriously fucked feet the rest of the year, including Morton's neuroma in my toes, which I believe was caused by wearing shoes a size too small. Unknowingly, because they did fit, but you need some space in there beyond your toes.

At Glastonbury, though, my wellies never give me any problems other than the heat as they are hella roomy. The only issue I did encounter was through doubling up my socks as this made them a bit too tight, but easily sorted.

Edit to say they made my socks too tight, not my wellies. I'd need five or six pairs to make my wellies too tight.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd you get on? Is it terminal?

He basically told me to man up. I said I thought it might have been caused by wearing wellies for long periods. He said "you've been to Glastonbury havent you?". I said Yes. He said give it a week and if its no better come back. In other words he said - feck off and stop wasting my time. So I continue to suffer in silence.

By the way - did you stop in Chippenham on the way down? and did you get to Lacock?

The whole ball of my left foot was completely numb and had pins and needles like feelings in it going up to the toes too for the whole week after Glasto, and is still coming and going a bit now! Madness... I've spoke to a friend who has been a couple of times before and he said that this has also happened to a few people in his group too!

He basically told me to man up. I said I thought it might have been caused by wearing wellies for long periods. He said "you've been to Glastonbury havent you?". I said Yes. He said give it a week and if its no better come back. In other words he said - feck off and stop wasting my time. So I continue to suffer in silence.

By the way - did you stop in Chippenham on the way down? and did you get to Lacock?

Your doc is harsh! :) Glad it's nothing serious though!

We did stop in Chippenham - took your advice not to venture into central Chippenham & went to a nice pub in Sutton Benger that we ate in last year in the end, before we checked in at the Premier Inn! I think that pub has now become part of our Glastonbury tradition! Lacock remains on the 'to-do' list unfortunately!

Ah, yeah, another one here with the numb left big toe. Right one was numb right after the end of the festival as well but seems to be back up to snuff.

This happened to me last year as well, wearing old very worn in hiking boots. I think for me it's just due to all of the walking and dancing.

same here, the numb toe is slowly getting better. I would suggest anyone still "suffering" try going for a swim, it felt like it helped mine, maybe the skin puckering up on the toe helped it get back into shape?! Maybe it was a total coincidence but sure having a swim is always nice anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Both my big toes are still partially numb, but they are slowly getting better.

Anyone else still have dodgy glastoes?

Yep, toes still not right. One of them was already numb from, of all things, walking around with a few months of house dust in my shoe. That was a couple of years ago and never recovered. Now both big toes are numb at the edges. Makes trimming my nail interesting to say the least!

Anyone else get swollen ankles? The rest of my feet and legs were fine, but my ankles were knackered!

Totally - just above the sock line, too tight socks/boots is my thinking. Used looser ones next time and all fine :) that only applies to the double-sockers, loose single socks is blister-hell

I didn't notice i had glastoe until I ground off the callous and got quite freaked out, still not gone, got worse next festival. Next in 5 days... goodbye whole toe I'm thinking

As i usually spend 12 hours a day on my feet in a hot kitchen, Glastonbury is just a walk in the park and i can not ever remember having any of the problems mentioned above.

I do long days on my feet too and that's what i said until i did a little pedicure action! the callous was hiding it - it building back is what i think's returning my feet to normal

• 9 months later...