"Glastonbury foot"

Jackmypie

Has anybody ever suffered from this?

I think I may have this! My foot has swollen up loads and looks like I've put 50 pounds on my feet. I've had this since yesterday, It's quite painful to walk on too.

Is it worth seeing the doctors or will it die down in a couple days?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had severe welly burn in 2011 on the last day before driving home... both my whole lower legs swelled up very red, sore and hot and very difficult putting wellies back on. Went to FMS and they kept me there for a short while and put me on antihistamines and it didnt get worse so I drove home in and it went down in a few days. Might be worth asking a pharmacist, they should be able to spot something that might be needing medical assistance.

Edited by Narnia

The joint of my big toe was agony this year! Not a clue why.

@jackmypie I'd give it a day - the swelling should subside quickly. If it looks the same in 24 hours I'd start worrying - it's probably just from the heat and walking.

I have a rash on the top of both feet, probably from too much time spent wearing wet socks. My wellies are quite fitted, but I was out in the torrential rain on Friday and the water found a way in. Changed boots but those got soaked the next day, and again the day after. Hope everyone recovers soon! :)

One of my big toes is totally numb. Happened before, 2007 a I think, both toes that time. Took over a week to go back to normal! Good luck with your foot.

Both my big toes are numb. I've had it several times before, but only ever after Glastonbury. One year it took over six months to go back to normal.

I believe it's caused by pressure to the inside edge of your foot, which causes temporary damage to a large nerve that passes through that area.

Best thing I've found to avoid feet problems is to not use wellies, just half decent waterproof, ankle high walking boots with some decent socks. Even the cheap pair of Karrimor (which are often slated) I own have done 2011, 13 and this year. I honestly think unless its biblically wet like pre extra drainage years, there's not much need for wellies.

I get it after every Glasto. Though the older I get the worse it is and the longer it takes to go back to normal. Last time it took 2 months. This year both my toes are numb and the four toes on my right foot, still bad today. Not painful, just annoying.

One of my big toes is totally numb. Happened before, 2007 a I think, both toes that time. Took over a week to go back to normal! Good luck with your foot.

Its weird that. Jus reading this thread to see if there is anything related to my toe. My feet are perfectly well except the tip of my big toe on my left foot is numb. Didnt even bang it or owt. Looked online and found one thing relating it to your heart! Jus a bit mythes by it..Going to give it a few more days and then go to docs

Its weird that. Jus reading this thread to see if there is anything related to my toe. My feet are perfectly well except the tip of my big toe on my left foot is numb.

We're numb big-left toe twins! :huh: Mines like this as well, I think it's wellies

It's usually a reaction to damp in your boots steaming your feet with whatever chemicals were in your detergent, the welly etc - it's why the advice to take them off at every opportunity for a bit

Mine felt crushed :-( like they'd been steamrollered on the underside. Still dodgy last week but seems better now. I'd complain but it's only cos I was bouncing around and dancing so much gotta wear your scars. Wondering how to avoid it though think my socks were a bit tight restricting blood flow had quite a knot build up visible when the boots came off

I get the same thing, I assume its from my wellies, happens every time I go to a wet festival, always thought I was some kind of a freak, good to know im not the only one though!!!