Overheards and Funnies

pie_and_a_pint

So, the traditional 'funny things overhead this year' thread! Here's a couple to start:

Wednesday lunchtime, Big Ground. Guys from the Terrence Higgins Trust are walking along shouting 'Condoms! Get your free condoms!'. Bloke in the tent next to us replies 'I'm ginger, I don't need any!'

Friday, at Goan Fish Curry. Chap is just polishing off the remains of his curry, and says to his friend 'that was epic, I'm definitely going back for another'. His mate says 'yeah, we should definitely come back'. 'No, I mean I'm going back for another one now' and gets back in the queue!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not overheard as much as an absurd comment, when questions went to the floor during a panel at Leftfield

Questioner: "This doesn't seem very representative"

Billy Bragg: "It's called Leftfield mate, what do you expect?"

That kept me chuckling for a while.

Whilst waiting to see Thunderbirds are go, two blokes next to me - who also had two women with them.

The two blokes each pulled a tall - highball? - glass from their packs and proceeded to make two bloody marys

Ice - ? Thought this was almost impossible to get at Glasto

Vodka

Tomato juice

Worcester sauce

Tabasco Sauce

Celery salt - ffs, who carries celery salt with them

Stick of celery

Stick of carrot

I texted my wife. She asked 'are they glamping?'

How the f*** would I know

Standing in the compost toilet queue yesterday morning around 10am (Rivermead) waiting patiently for a toilet door to open.

The next one opens and out walks a girl carrying a pint of milk followed a few seconds later by a lad. The Welsh guy in the queue in front of me shouts over "just back from Narnia?"

Family sitting behind me at Williams Green

Teenage girl: I want to see Ed Sheeran and Lily Alllen.

Mum - who is headlining?

Girl: dunno- who is Arcade Fire?

Mum: you know - they did the hunger games song.

Girl: shall we see Dolly on Friday

Mum: yeah I want to see her - isn't she headlining on Saturday?

Girl: no I think it's Sunday lunchtime

Me: I think you'll find she's on Sunday at 4.20pm!!

I know we are mostly against the flag culture on this group(for good reason) but did anyone else see the one with a picture of oscar pistorius with the line "shoot the runner"

Genius. Flag of the week. I had to take a knee I was laughing that much.

any others? ???

Two girls in tent behind us ( I am not making this up.

Girl1: give me a random fact

Girl 2: I know reindeer aren't real

Girl1yes they are

Girl2: really?

Girl1:yes but they don't actually fly

Girl2: oh :(

Girl1: give me random fact beginning with M.

Girl2: Mud. Thick mud, runny mud, sticky Mud, wet mud, brown mud,( etc, etc - this went on for 5 mins)

Girl1: that's a lot of mud

Went to the med centre near arcadia on thursday morning (had twisted my knee, actually saw a qualified physio in 20 mins, great service!). As we were waiting outsidea securityguy walks past and we hear fromhis radio "just an update guys, the girl that was running around her campsite naked last night is now conscious and is coherent this time. Result." Must have been a hell of a hangover/come down.

I know we are mostly against the flag culture on this group(for good reason) but did anyone else see the one with a picture of oscar pistorius with the line "shoot the runner"

Genius. Flag of the week. I had to take a knee I was laughing that much.

any others? ???

I am trying to understand how this flag would get a wry smile, let alone have you laughing so much that you 'had to take a knee'. What is so funny about it that it warrants the accolade of being genius? Genuine question.