• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if people are only coming around to Noel Gallagher possibly headlining festivals now, John Giddings won't have been six months ago. Interesting article from earlier this year highlighting his booking policy.

I just love the fact he complained that the music industry aren't making new headliners (which is bollocks) and then when asked if he should feel obliged to book acts to headline their first UK festival he just goes no.

I doubt the London shows would matter too much if the other headliners, say Kasabian and The Strokes, were on exclusives.

They could be elsewhere I guess, but the only festivals that weekend are Pinkpop and Novarock I think. Obviously wouldn't fit Novarock and their arena date in Amsterdam probably rules them out of Pinkpop.

I guess so. They have shifted nearly 200k tickets now though and while acts have done stadium tours alongside IOW before, they probably haven't sold tickets for nearly as much as an IOW weekend ticket. You've got to wonder who's gonna buy IOW tickets to see Fleetwood Mac that haven't already. Them being free that weekend does seem to make a lot of sense considering how appropriate they'd be for IOW but it might be a poor move if they are.

Can't see it happening, having Muse at a festival like IOW would defeat the whole object of their booking at Download, drawing in general rock music fans

The Prodigy can get away with being booked for Sonisphere and Global Gathering because one crowd won't have any interest in the other, the distinction between IOW and Download isn't as clearly drawn

Can't see it happening, having Muse at a festival like IOW would defeat the whole object of their booking at Download, drawing in general rock music fans

The Prodigy can get away with being booked for Sonisphere and Global Gathering because one crowd won't have any interest in the other, the distinction between IOW and Download isn't as clearly drawn

Are IOW / Download likely to share goers though? They are on at the same time too...