I doubt they are chasing prince, since IOW is desperate enough to sell tickets they wouldn't leave a headliner announcement till 6 weeks before the fest!

My guess still is they had someone in the frame, that said act pulled out and they are fucked. They are probably scrambling to find a headliner but there's very little option. Fully expect the black keys or the prodigy to be moved to the saturday soon.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they are chasing prince, since IOW is desperate enough to sell tickets they wouldn't leave a headliner announcement till 6 weeks before the fest!

My guess still is they had someone in the frame, that said act pulled out and they are fucked. They are probably scrambling to find a headliner but there's very little option. Fully expect the black keys or the prodigy to be moved to the saturday soon.

Shut up.

The Who haven't been ruled out, have they? Just trying to think of Blur-ternatives

I doubt it's them. IOW haven't waited this long to announce an act on a UK Exclusive if that said act isn't waiting to sell tickets. I think it's the same act for Glasto but the difference being, waiting is normal for that and I'd be quite confident that if Blur for Glasto got leaked then it'd be even more clear it was them for IOW. I'd hazard a guess that anyone who has info for them to say it's not them have probably been told to say that.

Some users on the IOW forum were almost certain Green Day was in the frame, user posted that the rumours were rife in where they lived. (On the island). Green Day posted a photo on their facebook they were going to play shows in 2015
http://www.gigwise.com/news/96336/green-day-album-rumoured-for-2015

then this happened http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/81584

and pretty much everything on the Green Day front died, I'm not saying that I think that's what happened but if they had Green Day in the frame and they pulled out around January/December time, that's realistically only given IOW 2 months to find a headliner which another festival hasn't snapped up yet.

I'l say it again and drum it in before someone jumps down my throat, all speculation but it's not come just from me.

Edited by Matt42

Yeah we know. It's been discussed on here already, yet they hadn't been announced for any other big June fests and many of them had already announced three headliners by then so it's almost definitely not true.

Stop posting about it being a headliner that's fallen through. Also that wasn't an edit.

I'l say it again and drum it in before someone jumps down my throat, all speculation but it's not come just from me.

But you're the one bringing shit from other websites and going on about it as if the fact it's appeared online means that there's some weight behind it. Someone 'on the island' saying something on an internet forum is no different to someone sat in a pub claiming to know something.

so 27th March and the last headliner is being announced, looks like they are doing it in a big way as well.

https://www.facebook.com/iwfestival/photos/a.10150205088427736.317148.253497142735/10152839037577736/?type=1&theater

getting IOW goers to announce it on the radio.

Sounds like prodigy on the Saturday is happening then.