• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're willing to share headliners with Glastonbury, I heard somewhere that IOW were looking at Fleetwood Mac, whether that's true or not I don't know. Also reckon Coldplay are in for a shout for next year, not sure on the third, maybe Arctics or Muse.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day, AC/DC and Foo Fighters

Green day want to do an arena tour and I'm not sure the organisers will be ok with that, similarly ac/dc are doing a large arena tour (wembley, murrayfield, st James park and maybe a few others) so I doubt they'd take the risk after Bon jovi. Foo fighters is a good shout

• 3 weeks later...

Green Day's an interesting shout, something gives me the feeling they'll be at IOW or Download 15. There's talk of an arena tour however Mike's wife currently is undergoing treatment for cancer so there's a good chance that could have a heavy impact on a potential arena tour, especially one outside the US. They where looking to do shows in small venues before alcohol problems came into play which they could easily sell out alongside headlining Isle Of White. Something like playing a club in Manchester, London then Southampton/Portsmouth before doing IOW may well work but it's probably a slim possibility. Just throwing that out there though. I recall seeing an interviewer with the guy who books the IOW festival and he mentioned getting Green Day on the bill one year. So definitely a possibility.

My prediction is Muse - Green Day - The Who

Is there any point in getting AM? They'll have done 3 consecutive UK festivals if they where to play IOW. Surely the novelty will have worn off a bit by then?

Edited by seanz25

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...