• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Yeah, as much as I'd love it to be the Chili's I highly doubt they'd be booked to play at Glastonbury now unless the new album takes the world by storm (Which it most likely won't). Could definitely see Muse being a headliner next year although it was only 2010 they last played.

Eavis to ACDC agent - "Hey I think ACDC would be great now people accepted a heavy band such as Metallica"
ACDC agent to Eavis - "Oh yeah cool, that's why I thought I would pop along here, Glasto is cool now, we could do 2015".

Eavis to world - "Great we have all the headliners sorted"

..... 6 months go by .....

ACDC agent to Eavis - "So we need our own stage and want £2million"

Eavis to ACDC - "Oh okay, sorry no"

Florence & The Machine announced as 2015 headliners.

I was picturing a conversation kind of like this.

"I booked a band sidestage at Metallica whilst I was stood with an agent"

"Are they British?"

"British? Well he is, but the band aren't anymore."

If that's the actual conversation he could have been stood next to Mensch and booked an act over the phone.

Just a thought, how would people react to Nirvana? Like they did on that tribute thing, when they had a bunch of guest vocalists such as Lorde and St Vincent... I'd say it would be pretty cool. (I've got no reason to suggest it other than that I thought it would be cool)... There's also been talk of a Cobain hologram.

What would people think if they ended up headlining?

Fuck no, some things should be left in the past. Nirvana can't headline for the same reason The Doors can't headline which is the same reason The Beatles can't headline which is the same reason Amy Winehouse can't headline.

Being dead's a bit of a hindrance, don't ya think?

I realise this is extremely unlikely and I'm quite willing to be shot down, but the first person I thought of when I head "he's British but the band aren't anymore" was Bowie (recorded the most recent album in New York with a load of American musicians).

I realise this is extremely unlikely and I'm quite willing to be shot down, but the first person I thought of when I head "he's British but the band aren't anymore" was Bowie (recorded the most recent album in New York with a load of American musicians).

i don't think Bowie is really classed as a band though. sure he has band, but he's a solo artist, and would be spoken of as such

If I was betting today id say

Friday - Fleetwood Mac

Saturday - Radiohead (maybe doing an album in full)

Sunday - Adele or Some kind of popular indie act

I do think there is a chance of the Who coming back for their final tour. I know it wasnt that long ago when they last headlined but this final tour is getting a lot of press and would be nice to see them have one last gig on the pyramid (especially since I didnt see it last time:))

Id say Prodigy are certs for other stage headliners next year aswell, been a few years since they last played and Glasto seemed to be always going for one electro/dance headliner on that stage each year now.

On the Led Zep subject; how can Percy be so gleeful at the end of Rock & Roll as he waved goodbye to the crowd and not want to get Led Zep back together for at least a Pyramid slot?

I just dont think its ever going to happen now.

One more show at Hyde part of one of the big stadiums is the best we can hope for.