Acid_Haze

Crikey :sarcastic:

I'm not quite sure what I've said that would require that creep emoticon to express your opinion.

Absolutely crazy to say Keane are more deserving of a headline spot than Kasabian and Jay-Z. Both artists massive in this country, sell arenas out and can sell out massive outdoor venues. I just find it crazy you are being serious here. I'm sure there's a lot of people on here who still like Stereophonics first two albums, but the thought of them headlining in 2015 would make people laugh (yes I know they headlined in 2002). Are you just a massive Keane fan, deluding yourself into how big they are?

They are more deserving of a headline slot than Jay Z, I'd rather listen to mixture of heavy duty industrial machinery and washing machines than any of the bollocks that so called artist has produced. Much of Kasabians music is very good and I will be watching them on telly tonight, but it's a bit samey and there a bit pretentious. Stereophonics have actually faded into oblivion though, Keane having quite yet as Sovereign Light Cafe prove there still capable of selling an album well in the digital age where most people are loading it up on YouTube or Spotify.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I can;t believe how serious you people are about this festival, Keane are obviously past it Glastonbury wise because you morons on the internet think they are. That's that settled.

No-one's answered the big question yet though, are Fairport Convention contenders. They might be a bit too old for the young teeeny boppers though.

Edited by crazyguy

I can;t believe how serious you people are about this festival, Keane are obviously past it Glastonbury wise because you morons on the internet think they are. That's that settled.

No-one's answered the big question yet though, are Fairport Convention contenders. They might be a bit too old for the young teeeny boppers though.

They would get the smallest headline crowd of all time that's why

there's no interest in them right now, as their moment of being relatively big has dwindled. They probably got that #1 in 2012 because they released it in a week with no competition.

Look at the evidence (ok always a bit flaky where Eavis is concerned) for AC/DC

I believe they had been rumoured for this year (that's right yeah?) and no disrespect to Metallica may have been considered a preferable option for bringing metal to the Pyramid.

It was reported that they wanted to celebrate their 40th anniversary by playing a 40 date world tour but with each venue/city being a departure from the usual Stadia and Rock festivals. Glastonbury certainly fits the bill there.

The rumours earlier this year that they were going to pack it in on account of Malcolm Young's illness appear premature and there are noises they may do the tour next year, possibly without Malcolm but with his blessing. We know they certainly grouped together to rehearse for a tour.

Brian Johnson is British. The rest are Aussie.

Lets face it. The probability of "an agent" for a Mega huge Metal act being at the side of the Pyramid for last night's Metallica gig has got to be high.

Even if it was Metallicas agent? Sounds distinctly plausible to me. I don't get the confusion.

Even if it was Metallicas agent? Sounds distinctly plausible to me. I don't get the confusion.

Metallicas agent manages AC/DC, Muse and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

due to talks of Muse being lined up for 2015 in the past - i'd say they are more likely than both ACDC and The chilli's

Simply because I don't think AC/DC will tour, and I doubt eavis would go get the peppers

Hoping to go for the first time next year... Personally hoping for Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC and Coldplay if thats possible... Think Radiohead might be there instead of AC/DC

Coldplay again?! That will be the 4th time in 12 years. It was only in 2011 that they last headlined.

Fleetwood Mac seem to be front runners although I interpreted ME's comments as AC/DC which would make the headliners somewhat classic rock and would make it even harder for the Foo Fighters to be the third headliner.

Why exactly would it make it harder? All three of this years bands were of the rock ilk.

coming of the new album and massive tour(s)

Though 4th time is a little excessive so probs not them

Don't think they're touring this album are they?

Muse, Fleetwood Mac, one out of Stone Roses/Screaming Florence/Foo Fighters

I don't get why you see any confusion?? I was pointing out that very same distinct plausibility mate.

Rock gig. Rock promoter in attendance. Standard.

The fact that it appears to be same promoter for both acts ( something I wasn't even aware of at first) serves to make it more plausible.

I don't get why you see any confusion?? I was pointing out that very same distinct plausibility mate.

Rock gig. Rock promoter in attendance. Standard.

The fact that it appears to be same promoter for both acts ( something I wasn't even aware of at first) serves to make it more plausible.

Whoops. Sorry. Replied to the wrong person. I actually agree it's you. Mumble posting from phone grumble fat fingers burble modern technology etc.etc.

Now that G2014 has been and gone I can invade these boards again!

My bet for next year in any order will be Radiohead if they get new music out, Florence if she gets new music out and Fleetwood as they owe a show now really. Also depends on if they're still together and touring by then I guess