Acid_Haze

What exactly is wrong with a 4 time number one album band with a back catalogue of great songs headlining Glastonbury? There are a British band as well, I could easily see them drawing 60-75k regardless of who's on The Other Stage, which would be better than the 90k watching Metallica last night from an organisational logistics point of view.

More the fact that they haven't done anything for ages, not a current band. Never really amounted to anything big, and don't have the following to pull off a headline slot.

No way they'd pull a 75K crowd, no chance in hell.

If they'd play at all i'd say 6th down pyramid or 5th down Other stage or maybe in the John Peel. No higher.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Look at the evidence (ok always a bit flaky where Eavis is concerned) for AC/DC

I believe they had been rumoured for this year (that's right yeah?) and no disrespect to Metallica may have been considered a preferable option for bringing metal to the Pyramid.

It was reported that they wanted to celebrate their 40th anniversary by playing a 40 date world tour but with each venue/city being a departure from the usual Stadia and Rock festivals. Glastonbury certainly fits the bill there.

The rumours earlier this year that they were going to pack it in on account of Malcolm Young's illness appear premature and there are noises they may do the tour next year, possibly without Malcolm but with his blessing. We know they certainly grouped together to rehearse for a tour.

Brian Johnson is British. The rest are Aussie.

Lets face it. The probability of "an agent" for a Mega huge Metal act being at the side of the Pyramid for last night's Metallica gig has got to be high.

I've been to festivals in recent years where Keane have played in the afternoon. I can't begin to imagine the reaction if they were booked as a headliner. It would literally be like booking Travis to headline today. I'm keeping my personal opinion of their music out of this as well (despite how tempted I am to have a dig). I'd say about 7pm in the John Peel is the most they could hope for these days.

More the fact that they haven't done anything for ages, not a current band. Never really amounted to anything big, and don't have the following to pull off a headline slot.

No way they'd pull a 75K crowd, no chance in hell.

If they'd play at all i'd say 6th down pyramid or 5th down Other stage or maybe in the John Peel. No higher.

Erm Sovereign Light Cafe was pretty recent. They're working on a new album

For years we've seen headliners that people have claimed wouldn't pull in the big crowds and have proved bullshit to them, okay there on hiatus at the moment but that would make 2015 the perfect time to burst back on to the scene with a slightly rockier new album and what better way than to do it with a Glastonbury headline slot. In the past I may have said Eavis wouldn't book them but literally anything can happen these days.

Fleetwood Mac are a cert

Keane have missed the boat, at one point they could have been seen as credible but not so much now. Closest comparison would be Travis who headlined at just the right time - but would they be good headliners today? No

They haven't missed the boat, provided they get back on the saddle and release a new album. They are one of Britain's most succesful bands of the 21st century, isn't celebrating British music half the point of Glastonbury.

Look at the evidence (ok always a bit flaky where Eavis is concerned) for AC/DC

I believe they had been rumoured for this year (that's right yeah?) and no disrespect to Metallica may have been considered a preferable option for bringing metal to the Pyramid.

It was reported that they wanted to celebrate their 40th anniversary by playing a 40 date world tour but with each venue/city being a departure from the usual Stadia and Rock festivals. Glastonbury certainly fits the bill there.

The rumours earlier this year that they were going to pack it in on account of Malcolm Young's illness appear premature and there are noises they may do the tour next year, possibly without Malcolm but with his blessing. We know they certainly grouped together to rehearse for a tour.

Brian Johnson is British. The rest are Aussie.

Lets face it. The probability of "an agent" for a Mega huge Metal act being at the side of the Pyramid for last night's Metallica gig has got to be high.

To back that up even more: Eavis said the rest of the band aren't British 'anymore'. The Young brothers are Scots turned Aussies.

I think 90% of a Glastonbury crowd would laugh at the thought of Keane headlining and a lot would dislike them. Personally, I hate their music but they were at least relevant to a lot of people in 2004. It would be more ridiculous than Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand headlining now.

I think 90% of a Glastonbury crowd would laugh at the thought of Keane headlining and a lot would dislike them. Personally, I hate their music but they were at least relevant to a lot of people in 2004. It would be more ridiculous than Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand headlining now.

Okay what about Fairport Convention. The hippy crowd at Glastonbury must be up for that, right?

It'd be more ridiculous. I'd say it'd be more like getting feeder to headline.

Erm Sovereign Light Cafe was pretty recent. They're working on a new album

For years we've seen headliners that people have claimed wouldn't pull in the big crowds and have proved bullshit to them, okay there on hiatus at the moment but that would make 2015 the perfect time to burst back on to the scene with a slightly rockier new album and what better way than to do it with a Glastonbury headline slot. In the past I may have said Eavis wouldn't book them but literally anything can happen these days.

They haven't missed the boat, provided they get back on the saddle and release a new album. They are one of Britain's most succesful bands of the 21st century, isn't celebrating British music half the point of Glastonbury.

I actually think you're trolling now. Keane would and will never headline glastonbury. They've definitely missed the boat. Reason why they are on a hiatus is because no one gives a shit about them anymore.

God it's a sad day when keane is considered by anyone a headline option. Why not the fratellies then? They had that one album and song once, definitely just need a big comeback album and they'l be headlining glasto, coachella you name it!

(Blatant sarcasm for you if you don't understand it)

Oh and for them to have a big returning album they need a strong fanbase / popularity in order for people to buy it. Which they don't have

I actually think you're trolling now. Keane would and will never headline glastonbury. They've definitely missed the boat. Reason why they are on a hiatus is because no one gives a shit about them anymore.

God it's a sad day when keane is considered by anyone a headline option. Why not the fratellies then? They had that one album and song once, definitely just need a big comeback album and they'l be headlining glasto, coachella you name it!

(Blatant sarcasm for you if you don't understand it)

Oh and for them to have a big returning album they need a strong fanbase / popularity in order for people to buy it. Which they don't have

The Fratelies are shit, Keane are one of Britain's most succesful bands of this century. That's what sets the two apart, by a crazy distance. I'd certainly view them as a much more deserving headliner than Jay Z or Kasabian.

The Fratelies are shit, Keane are one of Britain's most succesful bands of this century. That's what sets the two apart, by a crazy distance. I'd certainly view them as a much more deserving headliner than Jay Z or Kasabian.

Im starting to think your serious. Which is kind of worrying

How are they one of the most successful bands this century? Because I don't see that at all.

How are they one of the most successful bands this century? Because I don't see that at all.

I did clarify British band before you, so don't try to make me look like an idiot out of context.

Well we can start with all four of the albums they released reaching number 1 in the UK album chart.

Then we can talk about those four albums selling between them 10 million copies.

Then we can look a YouTube hits, which since 2004 have become a much fairer reflection on a bands popularity; the youth market Keane target in the main simply don't buy albums anymore:

Somewhere Only We Know 50,000,000 views

Edited by crazyguy

Post Perfect Symmetry they lost a lot of mainstream credibility, they never evolved as a band.

I disagree with anyone saying Keane have never been big enough to headline because at one point they were. In 2005 I remember people saying it should have been them headlining and not Coldplay (Keane played 3rd that year).

For the record I hate their music

Post Perfect Symmetry they lost a lot of mainstream credibility, they never evolved as a band.

I disagree with anyone saying Keane have never been big enough to headline because at one point they were. In 2005 I remember people saying it should have been them headlining and not Coldplay (Keane played 3rd that year).

For the record I hate their music

Wrong, post 2005 mainstream music and as a result the audience collectively got stupider gradually, good music got replaced by Lilly Allenesque crap and the internet came along and further ruined music, hence musical geniuses like Keane suffered.

The last good number one single was The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love.

Wrong, post 2005 mainstream music and as a result the audience collectively got stupider gradually, good music got replaced by Lilly Allenesque crap and the internet came along and further ruined music, hence musical geniuses like Keane suffered.

The last good number one single was The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love.

Crikey :sarcastic:

Absolutely crazy to say Keane are more deserving of a headline spot than Kasabian and Jay-Z. Both artists massive in this country, sell arenas out and can sell out massive outdoor venues. I just find it crazy you are being serious here. I'm sure there's a lot of people on here who still like Stereophonics first two albums, but the thought of them headlining in 2015 would make people laugh (yes I know they headlined in 2002). Are you just a massive Keane fan, deluding yourself into how big they are?

Definitely on a windup