Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Fleetwood Mac

Foos

Muse

bit rock heavy though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kanye, Florence or Adele in there for Foos or Muse

Would love Radiohead, but can't seem them doing it without a new album, and they haven't even started working on one yet

I'll have a go at this and discount one or two others...

Fleetwood Mac - Think most of us have this as a banker, after the change of plans this year next year feels pretty solid.

Foo Fighters - Instinctively feels about right, new album towards the end of the year and a lot of popular opinion pointing in that direction.

Coldplay - New album out, touring cycle will be well and truly up and running and the band and the festival have a lot of love for each other.

Discount.

Prince - if there was ever a time he was going to do it this year was that year surely? If it didn't happen this year I cant help think its just not going to happen. Having said that he is a contrary bugger so just a likely to headline all three nights on the Pyramid and do a few other sets across the site including a scene by scene re-enactment of Purple Rain in the Cinema tent.

Radiohead - its possible the touring machine will be up and running early'ish in the new year but maybe if they do a big run the following year would be the time to play towards the end of a tour?

Florence - Feels a bit much to me, no more than a gut feeling on this one, which probably means she will!

Should be headlining but wont.

Hoodoo Gurus - I guess its a long trek all the way from Australia for the best kept secret in music. And its only really me and a few mates who really like them over here so the Pyramid Stage would be very empty, to be fair The Bimble Inn wouldn't struggle with its capacity that night either.

Fleetwood mac are a certainty unless something comes in the way

Radiohead seem likely with a new album

Foos seem likely with a new album

Flo seems likely with a new album

Itl be whoever glasto choose, but I can't see them choosing foos and radiohead. I expect Flo to play on the Sunday and fleetwood mac on the Friday.

Id say foos feel more likely due to the fact they'll seem to be holding out right now.

Unless I'm wrong all four of those bands would love to headline glastonbury. Maybe after years of trying to book bands who are sceptical they will feel more relaxed as they have at least 4 who'd love to do it. I guess the only thing that would stand in the way are touring plans / other bookings

Edited by mattgimmeshelter

i'm still unsure of whether Foos will ever do it. seems like they would've done it by now if Eavis had any interest in them. only reason i'd say they're likely for next year is that they're a somewhat 'heavy' act to follow on from Metallica

wouldn't be against them. just curious as to why they haven't been invited back to do it in the 16 years since they last played

Fleetwood Mac and Kanye are the two i'd put most confidence in (not even so much in Kanye. i just want it to happen). the third could be just about anybody

i'm still unsure of whether Foos will ever do it. seems like they would've done it by now if Eavis had any interest in them. only reason i'd say they're likely for next year is that they're a somewhat 'heavy' act to follow on from Metallica

wouldn't be against them. just curious as to why they haven't been invited back to do it in the 16 years since they last played

Fleetwood Mac and Kanye are the two i'd put most confidence in (not even so much in Kanye. i just want it to happen). the third could be just about anybody

I think Neil said Eavis has considered Foo Fighters a few times recently, but decided against it due to the heaviness (or something along those lines). But after booking Metallica this year I doubt that's an issue with regards to the Foos now, so I think it's quite likely.

I think it'll be Fleetwood Mac, Florence and the Machine, and Muse/Foos.