• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

as underwhelming as mumfords? (for us on here obviously yes, but the general glasto go-er?)

i'm sure a lot of people would go mental for The Libertines (in fact i know most of the group i'm going with would) but after all this build up and mystery, the fucking Libertines? thankfully, i don't see it

i'm sure a lot of people would go mental for The Libertines (in fact i know most of the group i'm going with would) but after all this build up and mystery, the fucking Libertines? thankfully, i don't see it

yeah it would be well crap...im mainly worried about clashes atm anyway!

The Libertines would be the most underwhelming headliner they could get. i'd rather they somebody shite but imaginative than the bog standard Libertines who i actually quite enjoy. would be the most uninspiring booking they could make

I agree with this.

The Libertines were never considered Glasto headline material (as far as I can recall) during their peak years so why should they do it now when they've done bugger all new for more than 10 years?

That's not to say that I can't see it happening because I can.

But it would be a serious disappointment

I like the Libertines would defintly watch them if it turns out to be them, However I doubt it will be.

I do agree though after the build up and also the fact they are playing Reading and Leeds and they played Hyde park last year not the most imaginative booking.

Edited by Tdiz

out of interest who would you like to headline, out of what we have left?(and not necessarily out of musical prefence...cos you might not have one!)

so out of blur,fmac,libertines madonna??

no contest there for me, it would have to be Fleetwood Mac.

There's not a chance in hell i'd be there to see the others, but I might go and see FM if nothing on the other stages grabbed me.

no contest there for me, it would have to be Fleetwood Mac.

There's not a chance in hell i'd be there to see the others, but I might go and see FM if nothing on the other stages grabbed me.

cheers

jsut wondered if you might have a preference for the good of the festival or something

Edited by neil999

Are we absolutely sure that it cannot be Portishead?

Election year, Trident protests and what have you, would be right up Mr Eavis' street surely? Either as a big hurrah or a "we're all doomed" statement, depending on events in May.

Latitude hasn't sold out so it fits with the other dates thing, for sure. Unfortunately they'd be one of the most "huh?" bookings that could feasibly fit the bill. I'd fucking love it, and I'm sure loads on here would, but without new material they're not going to move any higher than Other headliner/Pyramid sub, I think. New material is on the way though. :)

If Madge played Neil would be there in disguise singing falsetto. Mark my words.

"I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through-a-hoo..."

ooh lovely, i can also see a confused russy wandering through the crowd shaking his stick at people..'WHERES RADIOHEAD, WHERE ARRREEE THEY??'

out of interest who would you like to headline, out of what we have left?(and not necessarily out of musical prefence...cos you might not have one!)

so out of blur,fmac,libertines madonna??

I still can't see it being any of those 4 but equally don't have any other options besides my illogical belief that it will still be Prince. Announced 1 week before the festival.

If Madge played Neil would be there in disguise singing falsetto. Mark my words.

"I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through-a-hoo..."

Given her comments on Twitter about the Milk Snatcher, she's certainly doing her best to alienate the Glastonbury ethos. Will be staggered if she headlines.

cheers

jsut wondered if you might have a preference for the good of the festival or something

oh gawd, none are particularly exciting unless you're a mega-fan, are they? ;)

But there's not that many bands around which are going to loads of peeps excited, and it'll always have to be someone. So I reckon the future maybe isn't so orange after all.

Given her comments on Twitter about the Milk Snatcher, she's certainly doing her best to alienate the Glastonbury ethos. Will be staggered if she headlines.

Seem to remember a bit in Glastonbury The Movie of Michael & Jean driving round the site in their jeep with little Emily in the back sing "Maggie Out Maggie Out Maggie Maggie Maggie Out Out Out" !

Are we absolutely sure that it cannot be Portishead?

Election year, Trident protests and what have you, would be right up Mr Eavis' street surely? Either as a big hurrah or a "we're all doomed" statement, depending on events in May.

That would be absolutely immense... just awesome.

But no, let's not get our hopes up

I forget, is there any reason The Strokes aren't being considered? Other than some people thinking they're not big enough any more to headline, which I'm not sure I really agree with. Surely just as viable as any other BST headliner?

Not big enough.

Poor live, especially outdoors.

Didn't headline when they were at their peak, so nothing to suggest they should do it now