Acid_Haze

She mentions florence being big enough to headline and talks about her a bit. I would think that means she's not been asked for this year.

I'm gonna have to firmly disagree with you, if thats the case now she's got an album in June and playing no UK fests

I think this is the closest emily gets to actually confirming an act, i'd firmly put a bet on florence being one of the headliners now.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

yeah there's no way Florence is releasing an album in June and then doing no UK festivals to promote it. she's the Sunday headliner

I'm as far to say as the reason why people are still disbelieving is because they don't like her

expect her to be TBC within a week.

I wonder if there is anychance Neil isn't correct on Coldplay? I know he is TBC but I wouldn't to hear if he has any thoughts on whether it could potentially be wrong

As I always say, I cannot know with certainty that what I believe is right is actually right until it's announced. So yes, Coldplay could be wrong.

At this moment I'm starting to think that it is wrong, tho I always have these sorts of doubts over just about any act I've said is headlining, and (as far as I can remember) I've never yet been wrong with a headliner for a major fest. To put those fears down I rethink what I've been told and how likely it is to be right, and that does the job as long as I've not been a numpty and believed what i shouldn't.

In this case i've believed something I shouldn't have difficulty trusting.

But it still might be wrong.

As I always say, I cannot know with certainty that what I believe is right is actually right until it's announced. So yes, Coldplay could be wrong.

At this moment I'm starting to think that it is wrong, tho I always have these sorts of doubts over just about any act I've said is headlining, and (as far as I can remember) I've never yet been wrong with a headliner for a major fest. To put those fears down I rethink what I've been told and how likely it is to be right, and that does the job as long as I've not been a numpty and believed what i shouldn't.

In this case i've believed something I shouldn't have difficulty trusting.

But it still might be wrong.

You really really shouldn't have made this post. This entire forum is now going to disbelieve coldplay and whine like hell when they get announced (as they were told).

Should of just said - it's what i've been told by a very reliable source that I have no reason to distrust :P , because now loads of efest users that despise coldplay are going to run with what you've said till the second before they are announced :lol:

I'm as far to say as the reason why people are still disbelieving is because they don't like her

expect her to be TBC within a week.

I've spoken with Emily many times over 15+ years. That vid suggests to me that Flo is playing on the Pyramid, but much less that she's headlining.

I very much doubt anything further will be confirmed before April, but you never know.

Neil watch this you are going to have a huge laugh :D

"We don't know who feeds all these rumours of who's headlining" :lol:

To me it sounds like Florence isn't headlining based on this.

She says "they" have been a long time coming when she talks about one of the headliners I think? (unless she's talking about the foos)

But when she talks about Florence she always says "florence" or "she" talking about her individually.

Maybe that's just me, I've certainly got my straws out.

hey, I said I wasn't so confident i'd bet on it; I only do sure-thing bets.

I now expect Matt42 to be posted "it's not coldplay" all over the place. :lol:

No because I believe that if you put someone as TBC it's probably them, but there's a huge chunk of this forum which despise coldplay and will jump on any hint that it may not be them :lol: I expect what you've posted to now fuel millions of prince suggestions because they've been given something minuscule that your TBC may be wrong :lol:

Neil watch this you are going to have a huge laugh :D

"We don't know who feeds all these rumours of who's headlining" :lol:

note that she says "we don't deal with the band direct", so presumably much like other festivals, it's done through the bookers/booking agents, rather than Michael/Emily speaking directly to each headliner as is often claimed.

i'm sure there are the odd exception to the rule however (eg. Chris Martin)

:lol:

The Black Keys and Elbow are no bigger than Stereophonics were when they finished touring their last album, subbing major festivals and selling out arenas, and it's been where they've been for absolutely years.

They're a big act and would warrant no less than subbing main stages.

They've had a good run subbing T and V which is about their level and even that's debatable these days. If they sub glasto I'll buy you a couple of pints at the brothers bar

To me it sounds like Florence isn't headlining based on this.

She says "they" have been a long time coming when she talks about one of the headliners I think? (unless she's talking about the foos)

But when she talks about Florence she always says "florence" or "she" talking about her individually.

Maybe that's just me, I've certainly got my straws out.

pretty sure she was talking about Foo Fighters there.

hey, I said I wasn't so confident i'd bet on it; I only do sure-thing bets.

I now expect Matt42 to be posted "it's not coldplay" all over the place. :lol:

It gives hope to the straw clutchers and for the ones who firmly believe your info is as is usually always the case, on point, then Coldplay are headlining

No because I believe that if you put someone as TBC it's probably them, but there's a huge chunk of this forum which despise coldplay and will jump on any hint that it may not be them :lol: I expect what you've posted to now fuel millions of prince suggestions because they've been given something minuscule that your TBC may be wrong :lol:

We might cling to the hope Neil has got this one wrong, but I think the vast majority of us can understand what Neil has said beyond thinking that Coldplay are definitely not going to play based on what he said....

That Emily interview doesn't sound like Florence is headlining she's normally quite astute to the rumours and fueling them etc isn't she? Rather than putting it out there.

Stereophonics headlining :lol:

Edited by LondonTom