• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

How about you start pursuing Prince to piss off his people so he doesn't end up playing again?

:sarcastic:

I bet pursuing Prince wouldn't be that hard either, he's only got little legs so you could gain ground on him pretty quickly. Then when you catch up to him, do a comedy rugby tackle and watch his funky little hat and glasses go flying, it would be excellent.

When was the last time that everything (including all headliners) was released at the same time?

I think since I've been going (05 onwards) it's never happened like that and there has always been some form of confirmation from an artist or the festival prior to "line up day"

When was the last time that everything (including all headliners) was released at the same time?

I think since I've been going (05 onwards) it's never happened like that and there has always been some form of confirmation from an artist or the festival prior to "line up day"

2013 we got a big massive massive dump (inc all 3 headliners) at the same time.

I was not on efests then......

Was anything much known (i.e. TBC) prior to that?

I don't think what he said is right.

I know I was only certain about the stones on about the day they were announced (tho before they were announced). I'm pretty sure I had Arctic Monkeys a long time before that. I perhaps didn't have Mumfords as TBC before they were announced, tho they were defo rumoured.

Edited by eFestivals

I remember we weren't sure about the stones, then on the morning of the announcment they said they had an announcement. Neil got info a glasto announcment could be coming, then we drew the dots together that a glasto announcement and a stones announcement was coming at the same time

I remember we weren't sure about the stones, then on the morning of the announcment they said they had an announcement. Neil got info a glasto announcment could be coming, then we drew the dots together that a glasto announcement and a stones announcement was coming at the same time

I doubt that's what happened, seeing as The Stones were TBC on here before they were announced.

I don't think what he said is right.

I know I was only certain about the stones on about the day they were announced (tho before they were announced). I'm pretty sure I had Arctic Monkeys a long time before that. I perhaps didn't have Mumfords as TBC before they were announced, tho they were defo rumoured.

I have just been looking back at the very long 2013 headliners thread and I think very little was known about anything.

Oddly enough Prince was being discussed lots from page 400 onwards!!

The Stones went TBC on the morning of the annpouncement I think looking at that thread.

Edited by mattyc1965

Ah we're talking in terms of what Neil had confirmed? Loads in 2013, I thought we were referring specifically to what was officially announced, where we got everything at once, but Neil had The Arctics very early on, I think it was November. Not too sure whether Mumford were SR or TBC, but we pretty much knew they'd be playing for a long time, we just all thought they'd be on before The Stones, who Neil got down as TBC shortly before the official poster. IIRC we also had Chic and Portishead as TBC? And quite a few others across the line-up. We also got a very exciting heads up from Neil "stand by yer beds!" about an hour before announcement, after 2 years of speculation because of the fallow, the boards melted with excitement. What a time it was.

The initial question was about confirmations from the artist or festival, mattyc1965 then asked about what was known to Neil/on here. Geoffamylawn's recollection sounds right, except I'm pretty sure Portishead were a surprise.

Looking back at the old thread I think quite a lot was unknown over all, especially at the end of Jan.

Lots of people going quite insane without any information.