• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Anyone think The Strokes are a possibility at all? I'd love that

Surely they are in the running? Playing Hyde Park tomorrow and rumours that they may be packing up soon so maybe a last minute Glastonbury headline could be a last hurrah for them??

They are almost undoubtedly not big enough to headline it any more these days but in these circumstances I think they could pull it off.

Would certainly be a bit lacklustre to many but I would love it, their fee is probably half of say AC/DC as well

See this is my fear haha, because I have a feeling i'l come out of 3-4 years of uni and not want to do an extra year..

Say that after your 3 years at Uni. I considered doing a masters just so that I could still be a student for another year.

Just going to make you my councillor for a second

Bit down at the moment as I'm coming to the end of my A2 exams, and pretty much all my mates have already finished and my last one is on Friday (day before blur at Hyde woo) but yeah it just sucks because everyone else seems free and I feel like I have a ball and chain around my neck :(

Sounds mad but foos pulling out increased the size of the ball :(

Bro i've still got 3 exams, including Law, if that makes you feel any better. 

See this is my fear haha, because I have a feeling i'l come out of 3-4 years of uni and not want to do an extra year..

You'll come out of Uni having loved it and want nothing more than an extra year.

You'll come out from studying English Literature in the depths of an existential crisis so profound that you'll probably never get anything done again. Its all a bit like this:

In fact, that looks eerily like seminars I had...

One more Law Exam (I've done two) want to do English then probably a conversion to Law at uni so it's pretty important! I've worked hard though so I hope it works out well :D

jesus fucking christ imagine having matt as your lawyer.

Matt: "Well your honour I don't know if he committed the murder or not, but my prediction is he either did, or he did not. No further questions".

Judge: "You aching simpleton. Guilty!"

Edited by russycarps

Disappointing, but understandable considering how late this cancellation has come.

I'm sure she'll put on a cracking show. Good luck to her!

Interested to see if anyone else fills in below, or everything just starts late on the Pyramid. Flo surely won't be doing more than 90 mins.

So did anyone actually predict this lineup of headliners from the start? This prediction from the first page is pretty damn close, just got the oldie wrong in the end!

the predictions don't really count for a fill-in situation tho, do they?

Cos that would be a bit like saying "I predict Dave will break his leg so the foos won't be able to play".

Cos that would be a bit like saying "I predict Dave will break his leg so the foos won't be able to play".

One question Neil, and you're best placed to answer out of most. Do you see the Glasto/Reading Foo's sharing thing happening next year?

I'm fairly sure, although don't quote me on every year, that a Glasto header (generally goes onto play Reading the following year, obviously using Foo's as the original in this instance).

Edited by thewayiam

jesus fucking christ imagine having matt as your lawyer.

Matt: "Well your honour I don't know if he committed the murder or not, but my prediction is he either did, or he did not. No further questions".

Judge: "You aching simpleton. Guilty!"

:lol: :lol:

Of course they don't count, just thought it'd be quite cool if someone had predicted those three!

• 3 months later...

" It might not be, the end of the world but it always ends in tears with the ginger girl "

colonel mustard and the djon 5.

Feels like about time I made my apologies to Florence and her Machine- ists.

So it turned out she got the gig and for reasons unknown I ended up sitting high above the Pyramid in June on the Friday night.

Past the first few rows of tents at the back of the field I ended up heading further and further up the hill, past the toilets and up to a row of burger vans than I didn`t know were there. Ended up shooting the breeze on a bale of hay with a guy who owned one of the vans in a wee teppee next door to it.

The sound up there is clear as a bell and better volume than I would have expected. Great view of the lights over the site and Florence was doing her thing. We were watching her on the big screens while chewing on a tasty burger.

Anywayz, the fella went back to work and I was left sitting there sipping on a much needed coffee and then this song " happened ". I`m far from a fan of Flo and her machine or the Foo`s but when she knocked this out the crowd were with her word for word. 

Turned out I was was well wide of the mark. She earned her chance by working her way up through the stages and she looked to have the time of her life. Fair play to her. It didn`t end in tears.......... for the ginger girl  :)

Edited by comfortablynumb1910