Acid_Haze

That's what I'm thinking, but what reason would they have to hold Swift back?

The fact they've both been held back is making me consider Noel/Libs into Blur instead, although I know The Libertines' gig the night before makes them less likely.

I guess she could have just been held back to spread the big announcements out more, or it could even be possible that she was only booked after the lineup was announced.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Figure i'll narrow down the options. Based on everything we know including Emily's new tweet.

SUNDAY PYRAMID STAGE HEADLINER:

Likely:

- Blur

- Fleetwood Mac

- Coldplay

- Stone Roses

- Queen + Adam Lambert

- The Strokes

Unlikely, but still possible:

- Led Zeppelin

- Pink Floyd

- Radiohead

- Oasis

- The Libertines

- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

- Mumford & Sons

Ruled out :

- Prince

- Taylor Swift (Possible penultimate act?)

- Madonna

- Rihanna

- Paul McCartney

- Kate Bush

- Muse

- AC/DC

- Adele

- Elton John

- David Bowie

Edited by defrio29

Fleetwood and Coldplay are both ruled out, Coldplay a million times on here and Fleetwood by Eavis yesterday. Blur subbed by Taylor does sounds very nice, personally I'm not so sure it's her but Blur are once again looking like a safe bet.

Considering both Taylor and Florence were considered potential headliners it's bloody impressive if they've got them both subbing.

Edited by Mash011

Fleetwood and Coldplay are both ruled out, Coldplay a million times on here and Fleetwood by Eavis yesterday. Blur subbed by Taylor does sounds very nice, personally I'm not so sure it's her but Blur are once again looking like a safe bet.

Considering both Taylor and Florence were considered potential headliners it's bloody impressive if they've got them both subbing.

Yes, but if that's the case, should I rule out Blur as well? Their drummer denied that they were going to headline Glastonbury. If we ruled out Blur, FM and Coldplay - it could be anyone really. But I'd be really surprise if its any band outside that list

Edited by defrio29

Yes, but if that's the case, should I ruled out Blur as well? They're drummer denied that they were going to headline Glastonbury. If we ruled out Blur, FM and Coldplay - it could be anyone really. But I'd be really surprise if its any band outside that listds

The headliner was booked more recently than those comments were made, we know that. Fleetwood were ruled out yesterday and an admin here confirmed again yesterday that it's still not Coldplay as the Chris Martin performing rumours are untrue.

Alright then, based on that the updated list would be:

Likely:

- Blur

- Queen + Adam Lambert

- The Strokes

- Stone Roses

- Led Zeppelin

- Pink Floyd

- Radiohead

- Oasis

- The Libertines

- Mumford & Sons

Ruled out :

- Prince

- Madonna

- Rihanna

- Paul McCartney

- Kate Bush

- Muse

- AC/DC

- Adele

- Elton John

- David Bowie

- Fleetwood Mac

- Coldplay

Alright then, based on that the updated list would be:

Likely:

- Blur

- Queen + Adam Lambert

- The Strokes

- Stone Roses

- Led Zeppelin

- Pink Floyd

- Radiohead

- Oasis

- The Libertines

- Mumford & Sons

Ruled out :

- Prince

- Madonna

- Rihanna

- Paul McCartney

- Kate Bush

- Muse

- AC/DC

- Adele

- Elton John

- David Bowie

- Fleetwood Mac

- Coldplay

The Stone Roses and people in the know have categorically said it's not them. They'll get their album out at some point, and they'll tour, but it's not likely to come out of nowhere before festival season with them only doing Glastonbury.

The Strokes are notoriously bad live, and I don't think Emily would book them. Saying this as a big fan.

I think Noel's Birds and The Libertines could be moved up to likely (relative to the unlikely list).

And, again, Brian May said "you might see me with the Foo Fighters soon". If he's on with the Foos at Glasto that means he's around. It's just a question of why a Queen announcement would be held back. So, probably Blur.

I haven't been able to follow this properly for the last day or two and I've just caught up. Two things to say:

1. I'm very sorry for your loss, Martin. It won't compensate of course, but I hope you have the most amazing Glastonbury.

2. This thread is actually insane.

Hiya

Ok here is my predictions (no thought has gone into this, and it prob just a wish list for me)

Sun Headliner - some form of Pink floyd relatedness or outside Fleetwood Micky (i know i know)

Sunday penultimate - Pulp this is based on nothing - other than 6 music playing pulp stuff all the time while we were waiting for the inital lineup and me convincing myself that they would be there, also as i type mishapes is on :)

anyway.....

Edited by Chazeboy

There are of course clear comparisons to be made with the election campaign and the headliner rumours:

Labour are Paul McCartney - appealed to a good large majority a decade or so ago, only to see their popularity gradually fade ever since

The Conservatives are Fleetwood Mac - rich folk, not renowned for their honesty and whose treatment of those they deem beneath them is at least questionable. Very popular in the 80's, only to fall off the face of the earth in the 90's, before a resurgence around five years ago

The Lib Dems are Blur - jolly popular five years or so ago but unlikely to do as well this time

UKIP are Muse - an idea given far too much attention given that it's never going to happen and wouldn't be that sensible even if it did

The Greens are Prince - an idealist pipedream, but liable to get huffy when put under greater scrutiny, and in reality never actually turns up despite lurking on the fringes of the discussion threatening to do so every time

In nearly 8 years of using these forums I've never once up-voted a post until now. Bravo.

I wouldn't say blur was a "great penultimate" ? That says to me a massive act that they have never had or someone like Nghfb with Liam

It sounds like she's referring to an individual artist they have not had before but they might be taking a gamble on.Sounds like Swift.