• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Tangentially, has Peej even played any festivals recently? And by recently, like, in the last decade or so....

I think bestival around the release of Let England Shake

and Coachella.

Edit: didn't see dental's post... sorry :(

Edited by klipper

She'd be wasted on an ambivalent pyramid crowd or as an other sub.

I'll admit to being a little cynical about this in that I think she's done fine on the Pyramid in the past and could easily do so again in the future.

However, I saw her (albeit the PJ Harvey band as was) supporting U2 at Parkhead and she died on her arse. There were technical issues, sure, but even on the best day it probably was never going to be her finest hour.

She got a large and enthusiastic crowd on the pyramid in 2004 in fairness

Yeah but i think the pj harvey mainstream hype has kinda died a bit. Can think of one mate of mine who knows her and she's a massive fan of everything 90s (grune, riot grrl etc.) and generally knows her music.

I dunno I just feel there'd be a lot of bewildered spectators if she was 3rd down on pyramid just waiting for the next act.

I might be being biased purely cos I'd love to see polly headline a stage.

Yeah but i think the pj harvey mainstream hype has kinda died a bit. Can think of one mate of mine who knows her and she's a massive fan of everything 90s (grune, riot grrl etc.) and generally knows her music.

I dunno I just feel there'd be a lot of bewildered spectators if she was 3rd down on pyramid just waiting for the next act.

I might be being biased purely cos I'd love to see polly headline a stage.

It's a weird one because Let England shake was pretty huge wasn't it? In terms of critical reception and awards etc, but you're probably right.

But is the pyramid crowd from 2004 to now really that different?

In my mind she's a other stage headliner

It's a weird one because Let England shake was pretty huge wasn't it? In terms of critical reception and awards etc, but you're probably right.

But is the pyramid crowd from 2004 to now really that different?

In my mind she's a other stage headliner

To me it would feel like putting Damon Albarn doing his solo set on the pyramid - yes he might chuck in the odd track everyone knows and can sing along to, but the majority of his set would get a very luke warm response and he'd be much better suited to headlining a smaller stage to people who are gonna know a decent proportion of his solo stuff.

I mean a lot of people would love the likes of Down By The Water, C'mon Billy, Good Fortune... but I just couldn't see their being much, if any, enthusiasm for her less well known, slower tracks, despite the fact that Let England Shake did sell pretty well.

In terms of the way demographics have shifted, Polly is pretty much in the crossover spot between 6Music and Radio 2. She could easily play a Pyramid stage that has - in recent years - hosted the likes of Elvis Costello and the Wu Tang Clan.

She could. I just feel it'd be a much better booking for her headlining somewhere like the Park, or the Other at a stretch. Don't think she'd go down great on the Pyramid.

In terms of the way demographics have shifted, Polly is pretty much in the crossover spot between 6Music and Radio 2. She could easily play a Pyramid stage that has - in recent years - hosted the likes of Elvis Costello and the Wu Tang Clan.

Whose your favourite band/act out of interest CG, other than Catfish and the Bottlemen/Foo and the fighters?

I'm revising, would love a nice album to listen to

Actually just watched a clip of 2004 on YouTube. The crowd is completely dead and not enthusiastic at all!

Yeah same, I mean I could see them booking her on the pyramid again (if she was ever to play). But a Park headline slot with the field decently rammed full of lots of big fans just seems to make so much more sense to me, and feels a lot more likely. Or as a slightly smaller other headliner