• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

True it would never happen. Just pointing out that some of these twat frontmen can inadvertently put on great shows. Like the Scream in 05.

Now that was fun!

Its interesting to note that the Kanye and Foos threads have been off page 1 for a long time. No one seems to really give a shit.

There is a Foos page???

I'm surprised at Kanye's thread not being bigger, but surely in the case of both, that's not necessarily a bad thing? Means there's not much argument over either.

Some people disagreed, some people agreed, the first group was called racist, nazis were probaly mentioned at some point. Everyone agreed to leave it there I think :P

As for Foo's, not much to dicuss, hardly rare, definitely a headline sized band, will put on a decent show if you like them at all.

Edited by LondonTom

hmmm .... someone has just said something to me which suggests its not Prince, tho that could really be the result of keeping up deceptions.

But anyway, who else could it be that's be that's a massive act, a solo(ish) star, and an act they've been after for years? Give me names, people!

Emeli Sande!?

Now that was fun!

Yep. Yet lots of people gave out about it?! :(

There is a Foos page???

Oh, didn't check! So theres a Fancy Dress thread on page 1 and no one has even bothered to set up a Foos thread?! :lol:

Actually, you're probably safe, there's very little on youtube.

Wouldn't have stopped Jens..............

Edited by The Nal

Can I bring everyone back to this article/interview with M Eavis months back. When he stated he had
1) already booked three headliners
2) one headliner was british/'he' is british
("He's definitely British, but the band are not British any more.")
3) No Prince
Are we saying all of these statements were lies?

He does have a bit of a reputation for fibbing about headliners in fainess

Its interesting to note that the Kanye and Foos threads have been off page 1 for a long time. No one seems to really give a shit.

Is that not because everyone is almost entirely obsessed with the runaway juggernaut that is this thread?

If we had Headliner No.3, I reckon the three individual threads - Foos, Kanye and *********** - would each be attracting a bigger discussion.

Ben

Is that not because everyone is almost entirely obsessed with the runaway juggernaut that is this thread?

Just noticed whilst trying to catch up on this thread that it's been viewed almost 2million times, that's some going!!

If we had Headliner No.3, I reckon the three individual threads - Foos, Kanye and *********** - would each be attracting a bigger discussion.

Ben

It might be. Although I believe it's because no one gives a shit.

Possibly. But it also may be the fact that the Foos highest ever charting single is that Best of You nonsense (no one wants a thread with that in it) and also that Kanye is a total helmet with few redeeming features.

since we're swapping GNR experiences...i was at this gig...well the first bit, the Giants Stadium portion. lovely august evening in 1988. and after them it was Deep Purple and then Aerosmith (when they hadn't turned into ballad top 40 band)...anyone at the Donnington gig at the end of this clip? they were great. only time i've seen them.

I was at the Donington show. It was insane, really enjoyed it until I found out later that two people had been trampled to death.

I saw them 5 times in total. Won't entertain the Axl and hired hands set up.

Anyway....

Andre Rieu

Maybe James Last as his farewell show.

Edited by Gnomicide

Three words: "retired" and "heart condition".

This is bollocks. I have a heart condition. Veteran of two heart operations. I play hockey every Saturday. It's all about lifestyle. I wouldn't fancy a world tour, mind.

It's going to be Bowie. What better publicity for his new, erm, musical?

I don't know if it's a trustworthy source, and I don't know if it's been posted already, but interestingly this article mentions a Bowie Glastonbury 2015 rumour. It also calls it "hype":

http://www.quora.com/Will-David-Bowie-play-live-in-2015

Edited by Icewulf