• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

To be fair it's not just madonna I wouldn't see most pop acts live.......I don't see how that kind of music with all its fakery and lack of passion would translate well to a live setting.......I imagine it'd be like watching a choreography show p....which is great but I'd rather see live music :P

Why do you go to Glastonbury? The impression I get from your posts is that you only like big sweaty men with guitars. Why not Downlad or Reading/Leeds? I'm sure they are much more in keeping with your expectations.

I'll be honest, the only two headliners I want to see at The Stone Roses and Prince.

I've seen them both on a few occasions.

Prince twice on his Hit and Run tout last year

The Stone Roses, four times since their Resurrection.

I want to see the Roses again more than anything. Purely because a headline spot will most likely mean a new album.

Prince at the Manchester Academy last year is hands down the best gig I've been too. And that's a bold statement. Prince would nail the Sunday slot, and go down a storm. 3 and a half hours, 45 tunes, 6 encores.

If it's anyone else, then I'll be at the Other Stage/John Peel/West Holts/Park

To be fair it's not just madonna I wouldn't see most pop acts live.......I don't see how that kind of music with all its fakery and lack of passion would translate well to a live setting.......I imagine it'd be like watching a choreography show p....which is great but I'd rather see live music :P

You're just so rock and roll!

I remember going to see Beyonce and though I'm not a fan I was curious and I figured that her backing band would be really good. And I thought they were great. A really good 'live music' band.

Then everyone else is a fool. :)

It's certainly a possibility, tho that doesn't mean I'm thinking it's likely.

it was never a possibility. maybe in a couple of years (but even then probably not), but Emeli Sande, headlining Glastonbury, this year? there was zero chance of that happening - she simply isn't big enough. if people thought Swift wasn't big enough imagine the outcry when Sande was announced!

it was never a possibility. maybe in a couple of years (but even then probably not), but Emeli Sande, headlining Glastonbury, this year? there was zero chance of that happening - she simply isn't big enough. if people thought Swift wasn't big enough imagine the outcry when Sande was announced!

Yep! Absolutely no chance.

Just because you don't think she's big enough doesn't mean that she's not.

She's sold more records than Paloma Faith, and people have suggested her. She's sold more (UK) records than Taylor Swift and loads would accept her.

There's no acts that have got the same sort of penetration into public conciousness than Sande in the last few years.

It would be an unusual choice, I agree,, but not impossible.

Didn't you get them because it might be Foo Fighters?

I'm not really sure. My brother lives in Norwich and messaged me last night asking if I wanted to go. I'm probably hoping for Muse or Foos or someone other kind of ooze. If it's some shite like Mumford I'll give my ticket away and see The Cribs in Norwich that night instead.

I understand your post was a joke saying that Foos are shite so I dunno why I explained the above.

Don't shoot the messenger, I don't normally post stuff like this, but I just got sent this from a friend who has gone for quite a few years now, apparently this is the lineup that is getting announced this week, Ive told him Im taking it with a pinch but he asked me to post it to see what you guys think

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Florence + the Machine, Iggy Pop, George Ezra, Cypress Hill, James Bay, Roots Manuva, Songhoy Blues Other: Deadmau5, Jamie T, Courteeners, ASAP Rocky, The Cribs, Enter Shikari, The Go! Team, The Buzzcocks, TBA JP: Suede, Chromeo, Future Islands, Glass Animals, Public Service Broadcasting, FIDLAR, Gengahr, All We Are, Alvvays, Pretty Vicious, Superfood Park: Caribou, Everything Everything, The Tallest Man on Earth, Run the Jewels, Chet Faker, Matthew E. White, Black Rivers, Honeyblood WH: D'Angelo, Jungle, Alabama Shakes, Jupiter & Okwess International

SATURDAY Pyramid: Kanye West, Foals, ELO, Paloma Faith, Seasick Steve, John Grant, Vintage Trouble, Courtney Barnett Other: Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Ride, Twin Atlantic, Peace, Johnny Marr, Villagers, Wolf Alice JP: The Vaccines, Die Antwoord, Death From Above 1979, Years & Years, Big Sean, Benjamin Booker, Rae Morris, Marmozets, Sleaford Mods, Lapsley Park: Laura Marling, Goat, Savages, Lucy Rose, Will Butler, Kate Tempest, Philip Selway, Hinds, SOAK WH: Giorgio Moroder, Jon Hopkins, Lianne La Havas, Mavis Staples, BADBADNOTGOOD, Kwabs

SUNDAY Pyramid: The Stone Roses, Alt-J, Emeli Sande, Lionel Richie, Hozier, Jessie Ware, Gregory Porter, Dalai Lama Other: Ben Howard, Beck, The Maccabees, First Aid Kit, The Wombats, Charli XCX, Drenge, Rhodes, Nothing But Thieves JP: Tame Impala, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Django Django, Palma Violets, Circa Waves, Ella Eyre, Slaves, Adult Jazz, Coasts, Jack Garratt Park: Belle & Sebastian, Sharon Van Etten, King Creosote, Father John Misty, Fat White Family, Natalie Prass, RY X, Ought WH: Wu-Tang Clan, FKA twigs, Azealia Banks, Omar Souleyman, Young Fathers Heard here first Don't know where he got it from

It was bad enough when posted the 1st time!

Because I don't like pop music all I like is big sweaty men with guitars?...and what metal fans shouldn't be at glasto? Way to be an elitiist ass what redicilous assumptions....lol I happen to have respect and like for most music which is played with honesty passion and talent.....pop doesn't fall under that category.........want me to turn that around? If your a pop fan why the hell don't you piss off to radio one big weekend? See doesn't sound nice does it now?

I'm an elitist ass? Wasn't you who was crying about Kanye? Claiming the Kardashians had no business being there? Crying about Madonna potentially headlining? Declaring all pop music shite? Nah, I'm clearly the one with the problem here pal.

For what it's worth I have no great love of pop, I've been at this for 15 years now. Regular at Reading/Glasto/Bestival so I have very little to prove to someone on the internet. However I'm not enough of a close minded fool to decry entire genres as shite. You come across as an angry teenager.