• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

True. And theyd be a great booking. They have 6 or 7 tunes that would tear the place apart. Theyre great fun. Certainly guaranteed a bigger crowd than Metallica.

Looks like any shows will be without Malcolm though.

Doing it without Malcolm would be a real, real shame, I admit. Though most folk probably wouldn't notice as long as Brian and Angus are there and they roll out the hits. Most young folk are probably now familiar with them due to Iron Man.

I reckon the headliners next year will be the worst ever.

Thats music to my ears, wont feel like im missing out on much when im bimbling about the site, watched far too much at the main stages this year and really felt like i missed out on getting to other parts of the site.

Me and the wife have already agreed that if Fleetwood Mac are there thats the only headliner we are fully watching.

Edited by swede

Maybe the 'used to be British but not any more' is a pre-emptive comment on Scottish independence, in which case perhaps Biffy Clyro (although I'd far prefer Belle & Sebastian headlining the Park).

It's Eavis we're talking about not the riddler! I doubt its that complicated :P

I get where you're coming from, but surely the Scots will still be British? They'll still be on the island of Great Britain, as far as I know they have no plans to dig a trench along Hadrian's wall?

I rather like the likely options for headliners next year. Fleetwood Mac give me a chance to happily be somewhere else, would probably see pretty much any of the other suggestions. Radiohead would be the best, obviously, but Biffy and the Foos would smash it, no question.

Radiohead were absolutely bunk in their secret set at the Park a few years back. I'd go as far as saying if they were in my back garden I'd close the curtains. Fucking shite. Never headliner material these days IMO.

I think as most people seem to: the Foo Fighters/Fleetwood Mac/ Adele are most likely and seem to tick all the boxes.

Radiohead were absolutely bunk in their secret set at the Park a few years back. I'd go as far as saying if they were in my back garden I'd close the curtains. Fucking shite. Never headliner material these days IMO.

I think as most people seem to: the Foo Fighters/Fleetwood Mac/ Adele are most likely and seem to tick all the boxes.

Radiohead would make a great headliner - the Park set was a well-meant aberration but it would be a totally different experience if they played the Pyramid, and it's long overdue.

With Fleetwood Mac, and maybe Adele, they'd have a VERY strong set of headliners - up in the 2009 class. Can't think of any young bands who could realistically headline, which is a shame. Would be nice to have a more left field headliner for the Friday - Nick Cave would be a great choice!

Think Bon Jovi may be more of a Sunday afternoon slot now than a headliner.

Would be happy with a lot of the suggestions on here as hardly any appeal to me. I spent an enormous amount of time at the Pyramid this year and missed lots of other acts I would like to have seen as well as the general bimbling about

I would love to see Kanye West play the Pyramid. That would be fun.

Kanye and AC/DC are pretty much the only two possible acts that could get me back to the Pyramid (although it is a little bit in my good books at present, on account of the wonderful time I had at Arcade Fire), other than that I'm all about Patti Smith on West Holts, Jesus & Mary Chain on John Peel and British Sea Power on the Park.

This place seems to be obsessed by Radiohead.

I just can't see the likes of them or Muse, as good as they both may be headlining anymore in the near future.

They've both headlined previously and I'm sure that Michael Eavis has ambitions to see his own favourite bands of his era up on the Pyramid.

Bands like Fleetwood Mac,Led Zep,Eagles have so far slipped through his fingers for one reason or another. Then you've got the likes of Prince and maybe AC/DC, bands that don't normally play festivals. It's what makes Glastonbury unique, Bands do it for the prestige, not for the money. I could even see Aerosmith or Bon Jovi up there too.

Then you've got to factor in who's popular for the young ones too, so you might see a Rihanna or a Katy Perry on the Sunday.