Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do people really think Slipknot will be back despite only headlining two years ago (come the festival)? i know Download love their repeat bookings, and Corey loves the festival, but that'd be a bit much. surely Sonisphere will get 'em

also i've seen a couple of mentions of BFMV being possible headliners - really!? a few years ago they definitely seemed poised to step up, but then they released that latest album which just seemed to put an end to that (imo). maybe their next album will rejuvenate the interest, but i don't see it

Corey has said he'll be back and, though that isn't a guarantee, I'd think Download would be happy to have Slipknot back with new material and Slipknot would be happy to play. I'd completely forgotten Sonisphere might be going ahead though.

I don't reckon many will be pushing the Bullet prediction anymore now the dust has settled from their album and tour.

The Judas Priest/Crue thing would be like Whitesnake and Def Leppard a few years back. More a joint headline doings.

But the difference is both those bands were seen as headline worthy by Copping whereas Crüe and Judas Priest clearly aren't based on previous slots.

Corey has said he'll be back and, though that isn't a guarantee, I'd think Download would be happy to have Slipknot back with new material and Slipknot would be happy to play. I'd completely forgotten Sonisphere might be going ahead though.

tbh i'd totally forgotten that Def Leppard headlined in both '09 and '11, so with a knew album out i reckon Slipknot would go down pretty well (played pretty much identical sets the past two times they headlined so it'd at least be different)

Bullet are recording their new album now so would probably be ready by the time the festival rolls round, but even still i can't see them rising to headliners, despite it looking glaringly obvious that that was where they were heading a couple of years back

Guns 'N Roses

Faith No More

Motörhead

In Flames

Coheed and Cambria

Anthrax

Everytime I Die

Devildriver

Kvelertak

A Day To Remember

Brand New

Sleeping With Sirens

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

Five Finger Death Punch

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Cancer Bats

Tonight Alive

letlive.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Devin Townsend

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Billy Talent

Architects

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

Lamb Of God

Slayer

Asking Alexandria

3rd Stage Headliners: Gojira, Reel Big Fish & La Dispute.

Edited by Andre91

Guns 'N Roses

Faith No More

Motörhead

In Flames

Coheed and Cambria

Anthrax

Everytime I Die

Devildriver

Kvelertak

A Day To Remember

Brand New

Sleeping With Sirens

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

Five Finger Death Punch

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Cancer Bats

Tonight Alive

letlive.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Devin Townsend

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Billy Talent

Architects

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

Lamb Of God

Slayer

Asking Alexandria

I don't think letlive. would open the main....but then again putting letlive. anywhere other than a tent is a crime in my opinion

Edited by justanothername

Didn't Iommi (I think?..it was one of them), say they do want to do more shows as they have some places they wanted to "cross of their list", Which suggests they want to do some places or venues they haven't done before so I don't think they'll return to headline the same festival but Ozzy could do it solo I guess

Rumours I've heard pop up from a few people and places do seem to all suggest Slipknot and Motley Crue are 2 of the headliners on the cards. Slipknot makes sense with the new album - even if they've done it quite recently, the hype will be there. Crue is an odd one, can see why they'd be booked but they are pretty poor live these days and not really a strong headliner - even if it's billed as a farewell show. After this years poor sales I'd have thought they'd go a bit bigger than those two, though I guess it all depends on who the 3rd headliner ends up being.

Guns 'N Roses

Faith No More

Motörhead

In Flames

Airbourne

Anthrax

Every Time I Die

DevilDriver

Feed The Rhino

A Day To Remember

Brand New

Sleeping With Sirens

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

Five Finger Death Punch

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Cancer Bats

Tonight Alive

King 810

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Gary Numan

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Coheed and Cambria

Architects

Pulled Apart By Horses

Black Spiders

Issues

Marilyn Manson

Down

Asking Alexandria

Revised my Download lineup a little. Also posted a Soni lineup over in there if anyone wants to check that out :)

all of these Download lineups looks like exactly what i've come to expect - promising top two / three acts each day, that get me thinking 'wow wouldn't mind going to that', and then the same old shit below (although these proposed lineups are still better than the ones we get - bar Black Stone Cherry, PABH upwards would be a great Sunday for me on that one ^)

Edited by FloorFiller

Guns 'N Roses

Faith No More

Motörhead

In Flames

Coheed and Cambria

Anthrax

Everytime I Die

Devildriver

Kvelertak

A Day To Remember

Brand New

Sleeping With Sirens

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

Five Finger Death Punch

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Cancer Bats

Tonight Alive

letlive.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Devin Townsend

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Billy Talent

Architects

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

Lamb Of God

Slayer

Asking Alexandria

So many clashes :(

Cant believe Bloodstock have been announcing today already, is it rolling round to that time of the year already?

I haven't spoken to anyone yet.

BTW just caught up on past few pages and guy saying Biffy would never headline Download? yes they would.

You just confirming an obvious fact or have you heard something about next year lucky? Oh and everyone on the dl forums is assuming that the Gnr foos info was you, are they right? :)

is there any reason people are predicting Guns N Roses? or has it just come full circle again and they're one of the only acts left to headline?

Well the fellow that does the rumours round up on Download official forums put GNR and Foos in because of something he'd been told privately, and I think people (including me) mistakenly thought it was given by Luckysalt so took that as our current rumours. They're a fair shout either way though; they usually have a classic rock headliner and Guns N' Roses are one that will be touring. But yes the headline pool doesn't seem too vast.

those two would definitely be a strong pair of headliners - so much so that the third could get away with being small / shit / a recent repeat

i've never been (and will probably never go) to Download but their headliners always interest me as there's such a small selection of bands it could be. bet the organisers are ecstatic when they hear of a big metal act reforming