Download 2015

dentalplan

We didn't have to queue at all, although we entered through the paddock car park as my mate had a press/guest car park pass. Arrived onsite around 2ish I think.

I don't think the mud was bad enough to throw in the towel, it was just a pain in the arse, but I had full waterproofs on and really good boots. And I only endured 1 day. When we left our campsite this morning it was glorious, blue skies and blazing sun. The arena will still be a shithole, but at least it will be nice today hopefully.

I didn't think you got access to campsite with a day pass?

To be honest it sounds like Hollywood Undead would have been my highlight. Andrew WK was only for a bit of fun, two songs lol, MM sounded shit, not listened but the other day was enough and fro ADTR, I'm only bothered about 3 of the songs they did, 4 I could be arsed with, doesn't sound worth it for me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was there massive queues to get in yesterday or something? I don't remember that, last time I went for a day it was just drive in, park up and getting in was a case of just walk in about 1pm or something, about 30 mins before BFS came on maybe.

There was massive queues, but I was near the front as I got there at 9:15am.

I didn't think you got access to campsite with a day pass?

To be honest it sounds like Hollywood Undead would have been my highlight. Andrew WK was only for a bit of fun, two songs lol, MM sounded shit, not listened but the other day was enough and fro ADTR, I'm only bothered about 3 of the songs they did, 4 I could be arsed with, doesn't sound worth it for me.

We camp offsite.

Was this all down to the stupid tag system in place? 9:15 wow, you were eager.

No it was down to the opening of the arena being delayed by about 40 minutes so that they could lay some hay down to help with the mud. And the arena was supposed to open at 10am, so I wasn't that early. I got there quicker than I expected too. I left in plenty of time anyway because I hadn't been before.

No it was down to the opening of the arena being delayed by about 40 minutes so that they could lay some hay down to help with the mud. And the arena was supposed to open at 10am, so I wasn't that early. I got there quicker than I expected too. I left in plenty of time anyway because I hadn't been before.

Ah, yeah I heard about delays

Yeah I watched Andrew WK. Seriously one of the funnest sets I've ever seen. It was awesome. Everyone was loving it, including the band. I goes without saying, but it was just one giant party :P

Was it rammed in there? I'd have only cared about two of his songs to be honest and probably not even them when soaking lol.

Was it rammed in there? I'd have only cared about two of his songs to be honest and probably not even them when soaking lol.

It was absolutely packed out, there was quite a lot of people outside the tent too as it had pretty much stopped raining by that point. He played We Want Fun and Party Hard (assuming those are the two songs you're on about?) very late in the set. And you wouldn't have been soaked at all of you'd have had just a waterproof jacket, or was more of a drizzle for most of the day.

It was absolutely packed out, there was quite a lot of people outside the tent too as it had pretty much stopped raining by that point. He played We Want Fun and Party Hard (assuming those are the two songs you're on about?) very late in the set. And you wouldn't have been soaked at all of you'd have had just a waterproof jacket, or was more of a drizzle for most of the day.

Nah It's Time To Party and Part Hard, don't care for We Want Fun, whether it's Jackass or not lol. Ah, probably wouldn't even have got in. I am short as well which can make it shit when a place is packed trying to watch a band play. If you;re going to Glasto this year, we might meet and you'll find out lol.

Edited by thewayiam

I've seen loads of posts on the Official Download Forums from people who have packed up and gone home early because of the mud. Honestly, I don't think it was that bad at all. It was more like swill than thick, sticky mud. Leeds 2013 was infinitely worse.

Although I do agree with t8yman, having got there and queued up from 9:15am it really is hard work having to stay stood up for 14+ hours. By the time FNM came on my back was stiffening up a little, although being right at the front of the Main Stage and losing my mind for Parkway Drive and ADTR probably didn't help :P

Leeds 2013 was the absolute worse. The weather forecasts that I had looked at the Tuesday before showed glorious sunshine, so safe to say I gambled, didn't take enough wet weather stuff, and when the ocean was dropped on us on that Thursday afternoon, safe to say I was fucked with just ankle high walking boots haha. Granted didn't stop me going knee deep into the puddle that was at Piccadilly when the rain had stopped haha.

Great weekend. Body count and faith no more were excellent. Really enjoyed lamb of god tonight. Bit muddy, beer bloody extortionate at 4.90 a pint. Dog tag worked fine. Thought muse were a bit dull apart from encore. Overall it was superb.

So much bad talk against MM. I really enjoyed him. Sure it'd be better if he stopped mumbling about and was fit enough to keep up with his songs, but it was miles ahead of the super poor set in 2009!

Uk tour announced for Nov.

London apollo 19th

Wolverhampton civic 21st

Glasgow Academy 22nd

Manchester Apollo 23rd.

I'll happily be going to Wolves.

Don't think I saw a bad set all weekend. Great stuff from everyone and I echo the notion that ADTR will be future festival headliners. They're getting there, need to do an arena tour and maybe a sub slot and then they could push on. 

Muse won everyone over, but the latter half of the set for me was just a bit dull. FNM were great but I wish they had a longer set.

KISS and Crue were fantastic entertainment last night, pyrotastic both of them, KISS' stage show was possibly best I've ever seen. 

Defeater were the act I was wanting to see most and they didn't disappoint, they were amazing. 

Slipknot were bang on form but was a carbon copy of their Jan tour, which is what I expected anyway. 

Judas Priest were really enjoyable too.

Of the smaller acts, I caught Crobot, these will defo be one of these acts who come up the bill and become a big act, they were bloody class. They said they're back next year. I think these could get high main stage level, possible ending up as headliners they're that good.

Only went for the day yesterday,had a really great day. Saw Kiss, Crue, Slash, Eagles of Death Metal, a bit of Billy Idol, The Darkness and Tremonti. Only set I didn't really enjoy was Billy. Slash and Crue were definitely the bands of the day for me. Kiss were great, though Pauls voice was knackered. Must say that Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue is one of my favourite festival moments. I grew up with them big time through my Mum so that felt quite a special moment.

I really enjoyed him, he was fucked in between songs and kept talking about ice t and brought him onstage. But once the songs started I thought he was great, best I've seen him in years.

I reckon I'm willing to give him another go, I've seen two YouTube shows, one which didn't look great, RAR I think and ROTR which he sounded vocally decent. Who else did you see Saturday?

Edited by thewayiam

I reckon I'm willing to give him another go, I've seen two YouTube shows, oen which didn't look great and ROTR which he sounded vocally decent. Who else did you see Saturday?

Muse

Marilyn Manson

Andrew wk

Faith no more

Black star riders

A day to remember

Rise against

Northlane

Parkway drive

Creeper

Ace frehley

Hollywood undead

Apocalyptica

New year's day

Love zombie

Funeral for a friend

My busiest day, saw some really good bands. Creeper were my find of the festival. Only saw a couple of songs from parkway and Hollywood unread, neither impressed me.

Andrew wk was the second most fun I've ever had at a fest after weezer at Leeds 10.

Muse

Marilyn Manson

Andrew wk

Faith no more

Black star riders

A day to remember

Rise against

Northlane

Parkway drive

Creeper

Ace frehley

Hollywood undead

Apocalyptica

New year's day

Love zombie

Funeral for a friend

My busiest day, saw some really good bands. Creeper were my find of the festival. Only saw a couple of songs from parkway and Hollywood unread, neither impressed me.

Andrew wk was the second most fun I've ever had at a fest after weezer at Leeds 10.

How did you find Rise Against, some conflicting reports. It was clear to see Danny was Hollywood wasn't actually singing which wouldn't be good, more of a fun to see if you like than great vocally though.

I have listened to All I Want and it sounds like the vocals were a bit off, I've found that with them before though. 

How did you find Rise Against, some conflicting reports. It was clear to see Danny was Hollywood wasn't actually singing which wouldn't be good, more of a fun to see if you like than great vocally though.

I have listened to All I Want and it sounds like the vocals were a bit off, I've found that with them before though.

Rise against were ok but they don't really suit an outdoor stage. Much better in an academy sized venue. The only act I didn't enjoy was motley crue but I can't stand them anyway. Just wanted to get a good spot for kiss.