Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as Andy would love to let BFMV headline (I'm sure he would, he loves them, right?) I just don't think they're big enough at all. Their first two albums were brilliant and I genuinely thought they were going to be the next big thing in Metal. But since Fever and that fourth album, they seem to have dropped off a bit.

Slipknot will do Soni I think, because surely it is too soon to have them back at Download, even with a new album.

Pearl Jam I'll give you, yeah. I reckon they could do it, although I think it'll be Foos instead.

Blink-182, Pantera, Foo Fighters.

Edited by Andre91

That's my thing, I could just see andy wanted them to headline more than anything, if the other two headliners were say Pearl Jam and Foo's he could get his wish because they would be 3 strong looking set.

Corey tweeted to say he was disappointed to not be at download this year and said he will see you next year and seeing as they're releasing a new album and have a good relationship with download I could see them back to headline again to promote it as it would then not just be a greatest hits set.

It's very open with headliners as there aren't many who will headline soni and download. Foo Fighters could be anywhere next year so who knows. Think they other two are good shouts, althought Tom may tour AVA next year as they have an album out in winter.

He's explained how they wont headline this year because they didn't headline this year?

Well I don't think they'll play heavy festivals again anyway because of Roskilde. But if they were gonna it would've made sense they played this year if they were apparently (though Copping said otherwise) lined up in 2013 because their Live Nation promoted tour started the day after Download finished, though Download were apparently struggling for a third headliner according to those who feed us rumours.

The boss of Pinkpop said he wants to bring them back next year because had to pull out (before announcement) this year, but there's still nothing to really suggest they'll tour Europe again next summer. It's just one of those perpetual rumours like Prince-Glastonbury and R+L-Green Day used to be.

Well I don't think they'll play heavy festivals again anyway because of Roskilde. But if they were gonna it would've made sense they played this year if they were apparently (though Copping said otherwise) lined up in 2013 because their Live Nation promoted tour started the day after Download finished, though Download were apparently struggling for a third headliner according to those who feed us rumours.

The boss of Pinkpop said he wants to bring them back next year because had to pull out (before announcement) this year, but there's still nothing to really suggest they'll tour Europe again next summer. It's just one of those perpetual rumours like Prince-Glastonbury and R+L-Green Day used to be.

Omg how have you both missed the point? :lol:

He said if they didn't headline this year then they probably won't headline this year.

Well I don't think they'll play heavy festivals again anyway because of Roskilde.

Precisely! Eddie Vedder was understandably deeply upset by what happened there, so, given the reputation of Download, and ruling out some sort of miracle, I can't see them ever playing there - major shame, but there you go .....

Precisely! Eddie Vedder was understandably deeply upset by what happened there, so, given the reputation of Download, and ruling out some sort of miracle, I can't see them ever playing there - major shame, but there you go .....

I didn't realise Download had a particularly poor reputation when it came to crowd safety? I've been to every one so far, and can't recall there ever really being a problem during any band's set.

I didn't realise Download had a particularly poor reputation when it came to crowd safety? I've been to every one so far, and can't recall there ever really being a problem during any band's set.

I wasn't really thinking in terms of crowd safety, more in terms of the crowd having a reputation for being, shall we say 'lively' ... I've not heard of any serious incidents at Download, unlike with Monsters of Rock during Guns and Roses, but even that would probably be enough to deter a band with serious concerns about crowd problems.

Well they seem to have avoided Rock am Ring and its sister events and the Sonisphere festivals too, and I don't believe those have bad reputations either. I imagine they might just look negatively upon festivals of a hard rock/metal nature (which I realise RaR isn't exclusively) because of what it's custom for the crowd to do there. Or they're doing a Trent Reznor and not wanting to pigeonhole themselves as such anymore, but I doubt it's that.

Edited by dentalplan

Roskilde was a freak accident. The swaying side to side caused loads to fall at the barrier at the same time as an excessive amount of crowds surfers were arriving falling on them. It was muddy and there was surface water and the people underneath suffocated. Could easily happen anywhere.

But something similar HAS happened at Donington, albeit a long time ago and at a different festival .....