Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess at Muse being the new headliner. Their new album is supposed to be heavier and more guitar based. It would make sense to promote a rockier album to a rock audience. They have played most of the major festivals in the last few years so I could imagine promoters opting for other acts if they're available. They'd be a big, new headliner for Download. My prediction is:

Friday

Muse

Deftones

Judas Priest (headlining second)

Saturday

AC/DC

Mötley Crüe

Korn (headlining second)

Sunday

Slipknot

Faith No More

Gaslight Anthem (headlining second)

Actually looking at when they last played Glastonbury/R&L/V/T in the park they haven't played them as recently as I thought (2010/2012). I'm sure there would be interest from mainstream festivals but I think that if Muse are ever going to be interested in playing Download 2015 would be the year especially given the reported direction of their new material. I also can't think of a more suitable brand new headliner!

I can't see Pearl Jam or the Foo Fighters playing, not impossible but not likely in my opinion.

Rush are supposed to be touring but I'm not sure of their pull as a Download headliner, I could see an arena tour working out better for them.

Blink182 could be possible but I think the fact that they played R&L this year makes them less likely for a festival run next year (I hope!).

The Who would be a great headliner but I suspect Download wouldn't be their first choice if playing a summer festival.

Kiss, Metallica and Muse rumoured to be headlining Green Hell in Germany the last weekend in may so could mean some more options for Download.

surely that makes those names less likely? it's owned by the German team who bought Sonisphere, with Galbraith at the helm, is he likely to share headliners with Download?

Edited by 5co77ie

@5co77ie

I think if Sonisphere is around next year it will obviously make them less likely as they will go for a join deal and maybe even give sonisphere a new name but I just can't see sonisphere being around next year or a festival at knebworth by the same company because I don't think they will bring Metallica back. A solid fanbase but back in the same area a year later without a new album I can't see working. They won't book Kiss at Knebworth because people will remember last time. Even if the cancellation wasn't down to them the general public will see they were their and be hesitant imo. Well Muse, they could be anywhere and for some reason could see them being at download.

Think this will be of interest to anyone going to download. Few more bands announced for Rock Am Ring which usually shares a fair amount of acts I think.

Here is what I think is new of the website:

A Day To Remember, Enter Shikari, Lamb of Gob, King 810, Hollywood Undead, Mallory Knox, Marilyn Manson, Slash and While She Sleeps. Think you will get most of those.

Hadn't actually thought about Muse doing heavier festivals, as it just doesn't seem their scene whatsoever any more. However, with the way they are at the moment, playing heavier setlists all last year, recording a supposedly heavier album at the moment and the fact they've headlined all the mainstream festivals countless times, it could actually make sense. Andy Copping has also said on Twitter that he'd book Muse any year (and he said this recently, after the release of the last two albums).

Edit: And of course one of the headliners hasn't played before.

Edited by Will-2609

Muse subbed by Deftones would be bloody brilliant and defiantly make me consider a day ticket

Yeah if they had a couple other decent bands on that day I'd consider going.

Edit: Actually I finish uni on the Friday of DL bleh maybe not then. Sunday could work. Let's have Muse subbed by FNM or Soundgarden please.

Edited by Will-2609

Slipknot

Marilyn Manson

Machine Head

Mötley Crüe

Poison

Pearl Jam

Faith No More

Enter Shikari

Lamb Of God

Parkway Drive

AC/DC

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy

Motörhead

KoRn

Black Veil Brides

That's after some of those were announced for Rock AM Ring today.

Edited by Andre91

I think Muse would be a decent option for headliner. Especially if they played a heavier set with plenty from their early days.

I wouldn't really want to see metallica for another year or two at DL. Maybe a 15 year anniversary of St.Anger, played in full. That'd get the crowds in, right??

KISS, I'm not bothered either way. Not sure they'd be right for DL tho. Plus, I doubt they'd accept anything other than headline.

So if we had Muse and Slipknot then I'd love to have pearl jam or AC/dc to finish it all off. Chances of either happening? No idea.