Download 2015

dentalplan

I would he have thought that Motley Crue would be a definite, seeing as they will be on their farewell tour. Not sure if they'd headline though. Maybe 1 down on the main, old headline on the 2nd.

Alice Cooper is supporting them isn't he?, so I would expect him to make an appearance too

I would have thought that they'd need a big ticket headliner after this year. In a away I hope that they don't go for Metallica - that just seems the safe/obvious option.

Who would shift 80k weekend tickets? AC/DC + Pearl Jam + a.n.other ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd wager that Pearl Jam are never gonna play DL. Andy's obviously tried for them several times, came close but LN hedged their bets this year & put on their own big show.

AC/DC - Again, if they do another world tour I'd expect a MK Bowl/Wembley gig where they can squeeze the most cash as possible out of limited dates.

What???

PJ were heavily rumoured all the way. Official sponsor/partner Vodafone announce Pearl Jam (obviously from out of date communication from LN) only for Slipknot to be announced from nowhere. After the fest word comes out from Europe that PJ were meant to be playing a bunch of Euro fests but Eddie Vedder supposedly annexed the whole tour.

What do you think happened?

That erroneous announcement could have been down to crossed wires with the "leak" that was going around or what they'd hoped or something rather than them signing up and falling through. Pearl Jam are ALWAYS rumoured - even for next year it appears. I feel it's pretty telling that Pearl Jam are often around in June but never seem to play which suggests they just don't want to do Download and I don't think last year would have been any different. If they were willing, they'd have certainly been scooped up for this year.

Andy is close on signing up two headliners.

Metallica won't be headlining next year.

Metallica for R&L then :D:ninja:

Any ideas on who it could be?

Here's my go at 2015:

Blink-182

Limp Bizkit

A Day To Remember

Mastodon

Parkway Drive

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Tool

Deftones

Motörhead

Five Finger Death Punch

Coheed and Cambria

Jimmy Eat World

All Time Low

Pearl Jam

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy

Black Stone Cherry

Down

Airbourne

Machine Head

Slayer

Edited by Andre91

Andy is close on signing up two headliners.

Metallica won't be headlining next year.

You heard anything on who they are lucky? Thinking of buying early bird. Pm me if you don't want to post publicly, it won't go any further. Also, I know nothings certain, but would just give me an idea :)

I doubt salty knows anything at the mo (feel free to correct me if you do salty) but copping has said on twitter that he is close to having 2 booked, and "no metallica" is sensible anyway. fuck having metallica every other year.

TOOL - Fifth album coming out, can see them making the effort to try and get them. Likely to shift a lot of tickets.

FAITH NO MORE - Comeback gig at Hyde Park, supposedly it will go well, and they'll want to play a UK festival next year.

BFMV - Cheapest of the three, also have a fifth album coming out.

KISS will never headline a festival in the UK ever again

Rush. Too boring. And I'm a Rush fan so can't see that either. They don't play festival sets or even festivals.

Did they not headline a euro fest last year? I think it was Sweden Rock? I agree their not really Download.

What makes you say Kiss will never headline again?

Edited by binkz

What makes you say Kiss will never headline again?

The last time they were billed to headline a festival in the UK was Sonisphere in 2012 and that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales (they were a reason for that) and the last time they headlined a festival was Download in 2008 and is regarded as one of the worst Download line ups. Especially after criticisms of a weak set of headliners this year to book them to headline the mainstage would be a idiotic move to make.