Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see Biffy doing it next year with the work on the new album and they probably want to take a break and I don't think Foos will want to do it either and something tells me that BMFV will be 2016 not next year but I don't know why

Anyway my guess is...

Metallica

Machine Head

Tool

NIN

Muse (they should do this but the chance of it happening is very slim)

Deftones

I'll offer some general thoughts as this match is boring me.

Doubts:

Foos, Muse, RHCP - would all be huge but unlikely to snare away from the more accessible majors.

SOAD, RATM, Sabbath - won't tour again quickly if ever again.

Slash, Crue - if they headlined I'd eat Slash's hat.

Green Day, QOTSA - unlikely to be touring.

Pearl Jam, NIN - unlikely to be touring and don't seem to want to do festivals that are mainly rock/metal. Pearl Jam might tour play June briefly as they agreed to headline Pinkpop but had to pull out, but the prior point still stands.

Suggestions:

Bullet, Metallica, G N' R, Blink, FNM, Paramore, Def Leppard, Rush - looking like releasing/touring next year.

AC/DC, Tool - similarly supposed to release but would have to lower their stage demands.

Nickelback, Van Halen - well they tried to get them this year and will likely be touring.

Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Biffy - probably won't be touring but wouldn't be surprised.

And that's about the extent of the headliner pool isn't it?

Edited by dentalplan

Blink-182 are releasing a new album, they'd be in with a shout I think. Weren't they supposed to headline Download one year before they split?

Slipknot AGAIN too if they release a new album. Although I would think Soni would be in for them too.

Edited by Andre91

They wouldn't get Slipknot as it's too soon. They only headlined last year but I see Soni getting them next year and it's the same story for Iron Maiden

Can't see Soni getting Iron Maiden. If it's a different show (ie. not Maiden England) then I wouldn't rule it out completely but it's unlikely still.

SLIPKNOT – Machine Head – Deftones

BIFFY CLYRO – YM@6 – A Day To Remember

GUNS & ROSES – Motley Crue – Black Stone Cherry

Yes it’s early for a Slipknot return but my logic (of sorts) is based on the fact that they did Download a favour last time by stepping in late for PJ. They’re a proven ticket shifter which will be badly needed after this year & Corey has said he’ll be a DL2015. If given the offer by Andy I’d expect Slipknot to pick DL over Soni.

Yes it’s early for a Slipknot return but my logic (of sorts) is based on the fact that they did Download a favour last time by stepping in late for PJ.

I don't believe that happened.

I was on about Maiden probably not playing Download. :P

Should have made the clearer but wrote this first thing thing in the morning so it made sense to me at the time

I meant they might play Download with a new show. I was kidding about Soni. Worded poorly.

Yes it’s early for a Slipknot return but my logic (of sorts) is based on the fact that they did Download a favour last time by stepping in late for PJ.

I don't believe that happened.

What???

PJ were heavily rumoured all the way. Official sponsor/partner Vodafone announce Pearl Jam (obviously from out of date communication from LN) only for Slipknot to be announced from nowhere. After the fest word comes out from Europe that PJ were meant to be playing a bunch of Euro fests but Eddie Vedder supposedly annexed the whole tour.

What do you think happened?

I think they are going to struggle to find something that is gonna make people say wow.

And I'm certain that early bird tickets will be incredibly slow to sell. Many people are gonna wait next year. He does need 2 or 3 big ticket shifters to get people to commit to going before xmas.