Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very quiet with other rumours and stuff. When is the next announcement, I thought we got another few bands before Christmas?

Copping said before Christmas on his Twitter Q&A.

I always wonder why Manics have never played Download, I know they aren't RAWK but they have alternative roots and are no less RAWK than Feeder, Muse, Gaslight Anthem, Biffy Clyro, Frank Turner etc who get slots.

Also, ruled out Manics on said Q&A.

Edited by Lumz

He was asked "would you ever consider a slot for them?"

To which he replied "I don't feel we have a suitable slot for them now".

So I'd say he was referring to Manics not playing in general, rather than under the already announced 2015 acts.

That's not the full thing though.

In the same question they said as maniacs are touring the holy bible now and in June, would you ever consider booking them?

I'd say the word ever gets pretty lost in that. If I was asked that, I'd assume the person was asking more specifically about next June when the fests on. Why else mention it?

Either way they ain't playing.

Me and Andy spoke about this years ago, and I asked him about Manics and he said they wouldn't fit at Download and I said what about if it was a set focused on older stuff and mentioned The Holy Bible and he said if they agreed to play The Holy Bible in full he would book them.

But it doesn't look like he has.

I believe 3rd stage headliner was mentioned at the time, but this is when they were playing lower slots at V and such. I think they've gone up the billing at fests again now.