Download 2015

dentalplan

I stay in Derby every year and it's a great atmosphere after the festival. There's a few small rock bars that stay open and it's a decent craic.

I've been thinking about this and was wondering if its too much of a pain in the arse to get back and fore the site. How do you get to and from the site and can you recommend anywhere to stay

Also any other tips etc would be grateful

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this and was wondering if its too much of a pain in the arse to get back and fore the site. How do you get to and from the site and can you recommend anywhere to stay

Also any other tips etc would be grateful

We stay in Derby too. There are shuttle buses to & from the festival regularly & it's super easy. The buses run from various spots but we go from the train station.

There's a lot more going on than reading that's for sure.

But in terms of previous years, theres less going on than ever actually put on by download, but this is down to sponsors not willing to put things on. You have the Doghouse and thats it now. Whereas in the past theres been 2 tented places with music on and a third open air one. Now you just have the one tent.

But in terms of previous years, theres less going on than ever actually put on by download, but this is down to sponsors not willing to put things on. You have the Doghouse and thats it now. Whereas in the past theres been 2 tented places with music on and a third open air one. Now you just have the one tent.

I really enjoy "going on a jaunt" around the campsite at Reading though, bumping into people & joining in on the madness at random campsites along with things like trolley, fire trolley & portarave.

It was kind of similar at Soni, but all other fests I've been too finish a lot later in the morning.

Edited by Couchy

Saw them in Manchester too, but I thought they were better at Leeds fest though (but that could have been due to the fact that I had to carry my jacket through the whole set). Prefered the supports on the winter tour though but LTA should be alright. Also seen that you're seeing Knuckle Puck which I'm a bit jealous of, would have gone to Manchester but I had no one to go with

I thought they were spot on yesterday, really enjoyed the setlist (especially with them playing Monument) and I really like LTA so may be biased, but thought they did well as ever too.

Yeah seeing Knuckle Puck in Birmingham with Neck Deep... Which is set to be a great week for me with Slipknot the night before too :D

And to make this post Download related, Slipknot and ADTR are the main draws for me... And with the deposit scheme being just £35 a month, that tempts me even more as I'll barely notice it going out as opposed to a lump sum £200+

I thought they were spot on yesterday, really enjoyed the setlist (especially with them playing Monument) and I really like LTA so may be biased, but thought they did well as ever too.

Yeah seeing Knuckle Puck in Birmingham with Neck Deep... Which is set to be a great week for me with Slipknot the night before too :D

And to make this post Download related, Slipknot and ADTR are the main draws for me... And with the deposit scheme being just £35 a month, that tempts me even more as I'll barely notice it going out as opposed to a lump sum £200+

I loved the inclusion of Speak Of The Devil and Monument was also awesome! The only problem I have with LTA is Mike's stage presence, he just annoys me.

Knuckle Puck are great, could be my favourite up and coming band and I can't wait for their debut to be released but I'm not too keen on Neck Deep. I think they're alright but they're a bit cringey at times (their lyrics are god awful) and they take too much influence from TSSF (who I think are better), got some decent songs though

And also in the interest in keeping this Download related, ADTR will do just fine in 3rd, been great every time I've seen them

Edited by justanothername