Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are moaning on facebook about muse. It's a great booking, and something away from the normal pool of headliners.

What's wrong with these people? They moan if download roll out repeat headliners and then moan if they announce something a bit different.

This is shaping up to be a stunning line-up

People always moan about the Download line up regardless of who is playing (also metal elitist have some sort of vendetta for Muse for some reason which I never really got)

That's a great top three. Manson opposite Muse provides a good alternative. Although if I end up going then it will be a really tough choice! Always wanted to see Muse, they're a band that I wouldn't really pay to see at their own gig but would happily watch at a festival. On the other hand, Marilyn Manson was a big favourite of me and my friends growing up, and no doubt they would go and see him. Him being absolutely guff live these days makes the choice a little easier though, I suppose.

Quite happy with this latest announcement - always wanted to see Muse, in spite of them being, perhaps, a little past their prime ..... This means that we'll definitely be going for the Saturday, but may decide to go for the weekend ;)

Muse are a fantastic booking & this announcement has urinated all over yesterdays (apart from Priest) from a great height.

I think the Muse day will be big for day tickets but I still don’t think that many of their core fanbase will be up for a weekend of Slipknot & KISS. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out attendance wise, especially with Slipknot’s massive arena tour next year too. A fair few people I know who usually go to Download have already said they’re considering doing Foo’s & (probably) AC/DC stadium shows instead.

I’d bet these alternatives are the reason why they’ve come out of the blocks with all their big bands early this year.

They have stopped announcing exclisivity in general due to them being burned by it so many times in the past.

they'd only get burned by it if they hadn't really got the act on an exclusive basis. In other words, if they've said they've been burned they've been bullshitting.

A real exclusive is contractualised, and they can hold the band to it.

Has anyone ever been announced as exclusive for download? I can't remember one, maybe ACDC. It's not the kind of thing they do though is it.

FNM was announced as their first ever show. And they did a warm up which cause some contravercy.

Has anyone ever been announced as exclusive for download? I can't remember one, maybe ACDC. It's not the kind of thing they do though is it.

Off the top of my head Faith No More who then announced their own show (which Download then said they were a fest exclusive before R&L announced them) and Lost Prophets who then got announced at R&L.

It was after the Faith No More stuff they stopped making exclusive tags.