Despacio!

Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

myself and 10 others went to one of their nights in london last year. we all really love both acts on their own merit and had high hopes. now the sounds is fantastic, which is prob the main thing, but the music they play is really not very interesting or enjoyable what so ever. its drab, pretentious and dronie. i could of gone on an off night were they just had really cack choices, but i dont reckon.

anyone else seen them do this before, what did you think?

myself and 10 others went to one of their nights in london last year. we all really love both acts on their own merit and had high hopes. now the sounds is fantastic, which is prob the main thing, but the music they play is really not very interesting or enjoyable what so ever. its drab, pretentious and dronie. i could of gone on an off night were they just had really cack choices, but i dont reckon.

anyone else seen them do this before, what did you think?

I haven't seen them but I'm worried about this, as good as the sound system is its not going to be very enjoyable unless I like the songs

This could be a damp squib at Glastonbury. There aren't many gaps on the Glade line-up, so it will probably be a late night/early morning slot. As it's a minimalist disco experience - DJs hidden out of sight and just the one glitterball - It could just end up being an odd area which people walk into, look around and wander off. Plus, the main selling point is the quality of the sound system, and that might not come across if it's windy and competing with a rowdy crowd.

That's what I'm hoping anyway. I'm sure it will be completely mobbed with people hoping to see James Murphy and 2 Many DJs at first, but I reckon they'll wander off confused after an hour or so, giving everyone else a chance to check it out.

This could be a damp squib at Glastonbury. There aren't many gaps on the Glade line-up, so it will probably be a late night/early morning slot. As it's a minimalist disco experience - DJs hidden out of sight and just the one glitterball - It could just end up being an odd area which people walk into, look around and wander off. Plus, the main selling point is the quality of the sound system, and that might not come across if it's windy and competing with a rowdy crowd.

That's what I'm hoping anyway. I'm sure it will be completely mobbed with people hoping to see James Murphy and 2 Many DJs at first, but I reckon they'll wander off confused after an hour or so, giving everyone else a chance to check it out.

it's not in Glade - it's in it's own space in Silver Hayes:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140613c.shtml

Yes, I went to one event last year. I think it was Hammersmith Town Hall.

The sound is awesome, particularly if you're in one of the sweet spots. The music that night was very down-tempo and a little off-beat though. Soul records played on vinyl and slowed down. Kinda worked and was a good night, especially each time they cranked the system up another notch.

I'd really love to hear this system pumping out some house music - would be sweet!

Also, the system worked great in a large hall on a wooden dancefloor. I guess it'll be quite different to set up and balance in a tent on what I assume will be podiums. Apparently they spend hours setting up at each event to balance the sound.

Both from 2MANYDJS

You are quite right - even better!!

surely this also makes it rather likely that 2manydjs / Soulwax will be one of the TBA's / special guests? even if it doesn't, this is awesome news!

Not necessarily, given they're playing 21 hours between them already!

Tremendously excited about this, so much so I accidentally started my own thread, sorry!

Actually looks like you started your James Murphy thread first, so I am sorry!