This Is My Tent, Show Me Yours

Richard Waller

Not going this year but last year I got a new tent for myself as my old argos cheapo one was getting on a bit

easy-camp-eclipse-300-koepeltent-(3-pers

And it was pretty darn good (Easycamp eclipse 300)

As a family we've done the last 2 Croissant Neuf's and will be at Beautiful Days with this, an Outwell Virginia 5

53640800000-Outwell%20Virginia%205%20Ten

And it is a superb tent

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocking this bad boy

Coleman Coastline 3 Plus. For 2 people for 5 days.

10376852_10152418791275380_4752527384768

snap! I used this tent for the first time last year was great :)

I always used to use vangos so this was my first none vango tent but was very happy with it

Edited by mkgirl1981

The Coleman Coastline (Compact) 3-man, with just me in it. This is how it looked a few weeks ago. I'll shorten the guy-ropes when it goes up in the farm. I found it simple to put up once I'd figured out how to do it, and I got it back in it's original bag without too much hassle.

tent_zpse7533401.jpg

My new for 2014 Outwell Calgary 300 at Lunar festival last weekend:

gallery_2_797_330734.jpg

It's a similar design to my old Outwell Arizona which did 50+ festivals except these latest versions have got a fully sewn-in groundsheet (as do so many these days) which I don't really like much - not festival friendly in my opinion - I plan to attack it with a stanley knife before glasto!

Seeing the old school canvas ridge tent earlier in the thread made me drag my old faithful out of the loft to check on it's condition:

gallery_2_797_1344215.jpg

Pretty good! Made by Bell.

Looks like the last time I used it was 2000 cos I found this inside:

med_gallery_2_797_1017383.jpg

I put mine up and gave it a good clean as it was a bit dusty and its come up like new,no patches repairs,rubbers all fine,zips etc,nice and cool inside even in the afternoon sun.

Cant help it but feeling very smug. :)

I put mine up and gave it a good clean as it was a bit dusty and its come up like new,no patches repairs,rubbers all fine,zips etc,nice and cool inside even in the afternoon sun.

Cant help it but feeling very smug. :)

I'd send it back if I were you, the front pole is missing - that's bound to tell eventually.

Holy shit I'd say you've actually done very well (missing pole or no ;) )...

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/tents-5-man-tents/vango-force-ten/vango-force-ten-classic-standard-mk-5-pd-5919.php?gclid=CI-q5dqz974CFasKwwod_IMAEA

Edited by kerplunk

I'd send it back if I were you, the front pole is missing - that's bound to tell eventually.

Holy shit I'd say you've actually done very well (missing pole or no ;) )...

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/tents-5-man-tents/vango-force-ten/vango-force-ten-classic-standard-mk-5-pd-5919.php?gclid=CI-q5dqz974CFasKwwod_IMAEA

Missing pole?

No all in order. :)

• 3 months later...

Taking extra notice of any 3 or 4 man tents which survived the downpour this year... my cheapo one from Tesco put up a good fight but it was pretty battered and has had to be put down.

Quite exciting buying a new one for next year now though!

Any recommendations for a student budget?

I need a new tent, Trusty Pro action four man had a pole break this Glasto :( Yes I did pack it up and bring it home, it's in my cupboard

Would love a canvas tent so I can sleep past 8am!

Bought a second hand vango force 10 of ebay last year,35 quid,it is absolutely fine,hardly been used,I can sleep in til 12 in it,would never go back to nylon,they're just a sweaty plastic bag,I know they are heavy but well worth it.

You can get replacement poles on ebay (and repair kits), if that's the only thing wrong with it.

It's old... got it in 2010, is a cheap Argos number and it is starting to leak...

Bought a second hand vango force 10 of ebay last year,35 quid,it is absolutely fine,hardly been used,I can sleep in til 12 in it,would never go back to nylon,they're just a sweaty plastic bag,I know they are heavy but well worth it.

That's what I'm worried about the weight, there's two girls going.... Also I do like the separate bedrooms Nylon ones offer... But Canvas is dark and cool (temp cool not trendy cool!)

I need to go into tent design!

It's old... got it in 2010, is a cheap Argos number and it is starting to leak...

That's what I'm worried about the weight, there's two girls going.... Also I do like the separate bedrooms Nylon ones offer... But Canvas is dark and cool (temp cool not trendy cool!)

I need to go into tent design!

Yes they are heavier but a little two man (sleeps one) not by that much 7kg,most nylon are 4 or 5kg and yes they are cooler in hot weather because they can breath,no condensation and also warmer on cold nights,win win. :)

This is our home from home, awesome tent, done us well for the last couple of years. Doesnt leak but can get a bit warm.

pop_Coleman_Coastline3plus.jpg

I do have a bit of a tent fetish....so Im never happy for long....going to buy a new one for next year, this time going for one that has a completely sealed ground sheet so no rain or bugs can get in. We went camping in Kent a few weeks back and it was slug tastic! Not nice squished between toes on a pee run at 3am!

Currently looking at Outwell tents....