Cool box rip off

Guest Thearg

I have been looking at cool boxes and quite fancy a coleman Xtreme but they are so expensive for what is essentially a plastic box lined with polystyrene if at all and no amount of ''ultra cooling technology'' or whatever labeling will change that,I even got out bid on a second hand one on Ebay,it was 100qt that I was willing to pay 80 quid for and would of been perfect for Glasto.

So anyway stumbled across this today,talk about rip off Britain.

For those of you looking into buying one of these ''Magnificent'' ;) cool boxes read it and weep folks.

Grrrr!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Xtreme-50-Quart-Wheeled-Cooler-Red/11969446

Spotted these two guys and they were really struggling - in fact there was six of them and they were taking turns trying to carry it - these guys were shattered and you have to wonder why they bought such a big box - they were not Happy Bunnies and I bet they don't bring such a big box again.
They were lucky the ground was fine as otherwise I don't think they would have reached the end of the field.
it looked as if it was jam packed with beer cans - I wonder if they thought it had been worth it.

377.jpg

Spotted these two guys and they were really struggling - in fact there was six of them and they were taking turns trying to carry it - these guys were shattered and you have to wonder why they bought such a big box - they were not Happy Bunnies and I bet they don't bring such a big box again.
They were lucky the ground was fine as otherwise I don't think they would have reached the end of the field.
it looked as if it was jam packed with beer cans - I wonder if they thought it had been worth it.

377.jpg

I have been looking at cool boxes and quite fancy a coleman Xtreme but they are so expensive for what is essentially a plastic box lined with polystyrene if at all and no amount of ''ultra cooling technology'' or whatever labeling will change that,I even got out bid on a second hand one on Ebay,it was 100qt that I was willing to pay 80 quid for and would of been perfect for Glasto.

So anyway stumbled across this today,talk about rip off Britain.

For those of you looking into buying one of these ''Magnificent'' ;) cool boxes read it and weep folks.

Grrrr!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Xtreme-50-Quart-Wheeled-Cooler-Red/11969446

like this guy ? - another heading for disaster. { all he had to was make certain they were in the middle }

each year I wait to catch the first few though the gate - and its the best laugh ever .

You would think that some people were emigrating with the amount of stuff they carry in.

Some people look as if they are about to have a heart attack - why they don't shift stuff in stages I cant say all I know its better than killing yourself.

set-in-89.jpg

I got the 62qt version last year. Was perfect for the 3 of us. Beers were still cool on the Sunday.

Heck its a lot if money to pay but used it a few times at places and so it's begining to earn its keep. In fact we worked out how much breakfast would be on site for the 3 of us each day, once we saw the total it was a no brainer.

• 2 weeks later...

So as said made my own on friday,I just used a big old cardbaord box and lined the bottom, sides and top/lid using 50mm foil backed cavity wall insulation from wicks,I put 4,2lt bottles of frozen water in and 3 days later they had turned to slush,still half frozen and very cold inside so if its packed full of frozen stuff it will easily last the 5 days. :)

Took me half an hour to build and I used a kitchen knife and it all cost me under fifteen quid.

I would say its a 60 to 75 ltr.

So if you've got time tomorrow folks.

Just remember to take it home with you,when its empty its as light as a feather, :)