"Bruce Forsyth wants to drive down railway line"

Boltzmann Brain

Ohh it looks like some people tried to digging under the fence. :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

"Digging under fence ?? areas

possibly due to more robust security"

"security - 700 evictions - constant flow

no more digging discovered"

"security - eviction tent now closed

793 total

Saturday pm relaxed a bit - would have had over 1,000"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most original and funny threads for a long time. Nice find and FOI request. Just brilliant. The title alone should win a medal.

I will never moan again if i am stuck in a traffic jam on my way out.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I will. I'm starting already. The A303... :)

Fascinating insight into the amount of organisation that goes on while the festival is in progress.

Would LOVE to see the notes for 2007. The amount of on-the-fly adaptation and divergence from their usual plans must have been of mental proportions.

He wasn't the only one. Had it tried a few times.

Yes, ditto.

Kept trying to get people to feel his plums.

From experience, early in the week they were rather underripe and somewhat overpriced, but by Sunday there were a bit mushy and bruised. :D

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

There's a link to the original request from the link in the OP. I think it was from a councillor in Mendip Council.

Bet they'll be disappointed then because it appears very well run and organised.

Anyone know why Bruce Forsyth wanted to drive down the railway line??

I assume because the railway line is right next to where the Avalon stage is where he was performing.

If I was Bruce Forsyth, I'd want to drive the entire length of the railway line greeting everyone with a "nice to see you" and a cheesy grin.
It will be interesting to see if Mendip Council publishes the Event Management Plan after reviewing their decision not to. As the originator of the FOI points out, the old license/operating schedule was released in response to FOI requests.
The Fit for Purpose and Fit for the Future document (also released in response to that FOI request) gives a great example of the impracticality of complying with legislation and regulations intended for smaller venues....

A plan to the scale of 1:100 cannot be created for the site as the size would cover approximately ten acres.