Tickets on eBay now!

Guest acidpod23

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The festival has to draw a line in the sand at some point though. You can get a refund pretty close to the date of the festival, if they introduced a method for reagigning the tickets to other people there would be a cost to it.

I'm sure there would be a solution whereby it is posible (something like):

• Ticket holder sends back ticket
  • Registered people on waiting list for returns
  • New ticket issued
  • £25 admin charge deducted from refund
  • £25 admin charge on top of face value for new ticket person

The ticket going to someone on a waiting list would take away the possible touting aspect but is there an appetite for the festival to introduce something like this? They would need to use valuable resourse or go through the motions of employing extra people without having any idea what the demand would be. There would still have to be a cut off time and what if person on waiting list has changed their mind?

it's probably all too much like hard work just for the relitively small number who find them selves unlucky enough to not be able to go.

The issue here will be printing costs and timeline. I work in publishing, and printing and paper is pretty expensive and not a quick process - especially because every Glasto ticket needs to be bespoke. I believe the reason the deadline date is when it is, is because that's how much time is needed to physically print and distribute the tickets. To return and exchange tickets after this time would be a nightmare logistically - especially as it would involve GF, See and the Printers to coordinate it all.

Are glasto tickets not allowed to be sold on ebay, do they have an agreement with the festival or something. I'm confused. I thought any event tickets could be sold, obviously not illegal cock/dog fighting, but glasto is just another festival as far as ebay is concerened.

Edited by Jules007

Are glasto tickets not allowed to be sold on ebay, do they have an agreement with the festival or something. I'm confused. I thought any event tickets could be sold, obviously not illegal cock/dog fighting, but glasto is just another festival as far as ebay is concerened.