First time glasto advice

lisaneedsbraces

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and dont forget to label your clear spirit well, no-one wants to wake first thing gagging for a drink of water only to find out you've swigged the wrong bottle!

My advice?

It's big, when I first saw the site in 2005 my jaw droped as how big it was, it seems to fill the whole valley!

Get lost. I mean that in a nice way, Wednesday and Thursday the main stages are not open, so it is the best time to just wonder about and get lost in the vibe.

Happiness is...
A dry tent, a warm sleeping bag when the day is done, note that these are your home for the best part of a week, A car air freshener might be worth picking up and dangling inside your tent.
As for tent, just dome dome, double skinned, pitches outside first, with porch. You can pitch these without depending on guy ropes.

Look after your feet. Layer socks, it prevents rubbing. Talc powder is good also. Good shoes. I prefer Palladiums (like converse, but chunky non-flat sole, converse just have you slipping all over the place if it rains while you are out) or Jungle boots for the dry. Wellies with good sock absorbing insoles for the wet.

Speaking of weather, expect everything except snow or a shower of amphibians. Though being this festival, I can't quite discount either of those!

Raid the oxfam shops there, they often have waxed coats going for under 30 quid for a long one. They are a good groundsheet when you need a sit down. Also other goodies you may have forgotten.

There is a lack of cover on site, so a good broad brimmed hat is worth getting. Especially if you are like me and burn in the sun.