public transport/shuttle bus to and from the site

kaip

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i need to know if is possible finding a hotel in the nearby zone or reaching with public transport. i saw the package but the price it's very high and my idea is going to friday and sat only.

Just book directly with the hotel. There's a couple by the airport and a few b&b's although most will be full by now as they reserve rooms for the official packages. In short, pay up the dough or camp with the rest of the unwashed masses :)

Most local hotels will be either fully booked or really expensive. You could try the Travelodge or the Premier Inn up at the airport - I'm not sure whether they are part of the official packages or not. There is at least one B&B at Shardlow, which is quite close to the site and has an airport bus which stops there. Otherwise, you're looking at central Derby, Nottingham or Leicester and getting the airport bus or the shuttle, if there is one.

• 1 month later...

Well, the normal one way fare between Long Eaton and the Airport is about £15. During Download, the taxis are always a bit more expensive because only the yellow Derby taxis are allowed to pick up from the site. Having said that, we took a taxi back to Long Eaton from Download one night the year before last, and I think it cost us about £18-£20. I'm assuming that you've booked one of the hotels at M1 J25, which is a bit further out than Long Eaton, so, I would think it would be somewhere between £40 and £50 return. You may be able to save a bit of money by booking one of the local Long Eaton taxis on the way out to the festival.