Shame, I quite wanted to see Metallica

Guest Major Charles Ingram

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise. Metallica are macho dick heads who take pleasure in hunting animals for sport. Don't get me wrong. If he's going to eat that bear and it is from a sustainable population then there's nothing wrong with hunting wild animals for food (though I personaly do not eat meat). But really, judging by the photo I don't think this is the case here, just a prick with a gun who takes perverse pleasure killing a truley magnificent animal for kicks then posing next to the still warm carcass trying to look like a big man. Knob.

bear-300x204.png

Edited by bamber

What a surprise. Metallica are macho dick heads who take pleasure in hunting animals for sport. Don't get me wrong. If he's going to eat that bear and it is from a sustainable population then there's nothing wrong with hunting wild animals for food (though I personaly do not eat meat). But really, judging by the photo I don't think this is the case here, just a prick with a gun who takes perverse pleasure killing a truley magnificent animal for kicks then posing next to the still warm carcass trying to look like a big man. Knob.

bear-300x204.png

http://www.nme.com/news/metallica/77651?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=metallica

This has made NME's website

Also, I despise hunting but you've already helped to fund his little hobby by paying for your ticket. Boycotting their performance is pointless.

Edit: but I agree that this makes him an utter twat

Edited by rjb94

Were just discussing this on another thread. I think the point is not about removing Metallica (for me) . I will just be elsewhere , but it's about using a topical situation to raise awareness of the general issue..just like with U2 and tax avoidance.

Except that's not what happened with U2, at all.A group of people hate Bono. They found a reason to protest, made some noise, and then disappeared afterwards. I don't know if you talked to any of them or not, but amongst the group I encountered there was no sincerity about the actual issue at all, everything was "bono is a twat".

If you're not happy about this, don't watch them.

Should they be removed? No.

Are you going to protest at their set and waste an opportunity seeing someone else? If you do, you're a Neanderthal.

Bear/elephant/fox hunting is wrong. But unless they bring out a live bear and shoot it on stage, I'll be watching, not complaining.