Weather campsite

Guest Christian_chambers

Anybody heard anything about the state of the campsite this year?

Rain last few days reminds me of last year when half the campsite was shut and the course manager nearly never allowed any camping!

As per last year mind forecast for weekend looks wicked, can't wait! Pity no decent 90's band, would have loved Suede or even James again. Still spose kids will be happy with Justin!

I live in about 12 miles from Cheltenham in Stroud and it's been a wet 10 days. Yes, forecast is good but no news of grass worries or car drop off. Last year it took me about 2 hours to get from the car park to the campsite as only about 10 were being allowed to unload at a time. Not fun when you're single parenting a 7 year old.

Fingers crossed for a good decision.

Yep, we ended leaving car in car park and just walking tent and stuff through, really wasn't a great start, but hey turned into a good hot weekend, forecast is same this year, just worried about fields and there use. I work in Cirencester but our office cheltenham and yep it been raining for last two weeks pretty constant.

My worry is that my new (to me) caravan, which will be getting its first trial at Wychwood, is very heavy. Visions of it sinking up to its axle in the mud. Towing it out on Monday might be a challenge.