Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, we'll be forming our chairs into a circle and heaven help anyone who tries to mosh us! I expect better behaviour from Glastonbury people.

Look, we'll be forming our chairs into a circle and heaven help anyone who tries to mosh us! I expect better behaviour from Glastonbury people.

Absolutely, I want to be able to sit down in a circle on a picnic blanket right at the front until they play Enter the Sandman

Edited by rjb94

You seriously can't expect the crowd to not get a bit jumpy around you when Metallica play? Just because it's glastonbury doesn't make it any different.. Geeeez. Sit right at the back if you're that fussed

People are gonna mosh for sure and i'm happy to join in, just so long as I'm in the middle of it and not on the edge. I'd prefer being elbowed in the face to being moaned at for stepping on a tiny corner of someones picnic blanket.

Edited by jpeee

You seriously can't expect the crowd to not get a bit jumpy around you when Metallica play? Just because it's glastonbury doesn't make it any different.. Geeeez. Sit right at the back if you're that fussed

Oh no no. That's not how it works. Chairs and the chair sitters are always given preferential treatment at Glastonbury. I shall be lying on my deck chair right at the front for Metallica and I will be outraged if anyone complains to me. It's my festival too!

Actually that said, they provide some decent style sitting at Latitude, maybe they could do something similar for the Pyramid. They have giant screens after all.

Seems like a wasted argument really in truth. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong but my side is definitely right.

Moshers and people with chairs in front of the stages are exactly the same as each other. They're both different ways of saying "I am going to enjoy this how I want to at the expense of everyone else". And by definition a mosh pit will have people on the edges of the pit that don't want to be involved but end up getting run in to.

And it's the same arsey bit of me that purposefully treads on picnic blankets of people that get haughty about that sort of thing that, if a pit forms near me, makes sure anyone running at me runs head first into an elbow.