Spirits in plastic bottles?

Guest Firesprice

Glass bottles are of course prohibited....so most of us will be bringing wine boxes and cans a plenty... but what about rum...whisky and vodka?!! I've read decanting spirits into plastic bottles isn't a good idea because the the strong alcohol breaks down the plastic and you end up with plastic in your booze...

Any inventive solutions out there? What's everyone else doing?

Been putting spirits of various strengths into plastic bottles for years for festivals and never had plastic in my drinks. Ive even pulled out rum thats been in a plastic bottle since August last year from out my booze cupboard last week and it was fine. I wouldn't worry too much for 5 days.

Glass bottles are of course prohibited....so most of us will be bringing wine boxes and cans a plenty... but what about rum...whisky and vodka?!! I've read decanting spirits into plastic bottles isn't a good idea because the the strong alcohol breaks down the plastic and you end up with plastic in your booze...

Any inventive solutions out there? What's everyone else doing?

....I was thinking about that. Do you happen to know which spirits and where best to get them? I walked down the booze aisle of my local supermarket yesterday and was tapping all the spirit bottles to see if any were plastic...but they seemed to be all glass...got a few funny looks!

Don't think we'll need to worry too much over the 5 days at Glasto,

although, there were times in the Sacred Space when it seemed I had spent 100 years staring at the one cloud......

Marine Debris Biodegradation Time Line Item Time to degrade jar-with-debris_150px.jpg

Paper towel

2-4 weeks

Newspaper

6 weeks

Cardboard box

2 months

Waxed milk carton

3 months

Apple core

2 months

Cotton gloves

1-5 months

Wool gloves

1 year

Plywood

1-3 years

Painted wooden sticks

13 years

Photo-degradable beverage holder

6 months

Plastic beverage holder

400 years

Plastic bags

10-20 years

Plastic bottle

100 years

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/1ltr-aluminium-drinks-bottle-id_8317807.htmlquote name="thenavyone" post="4386090" timestamp="1401834678"]

the website says they are 2.99 each but when in store they are 2.50 each. Bargin. ..

seems the link doesn't work. Just search aluminium bottle on the decathlon site and its the 1st result. Made by yellowstone and available in blue and red.

Edited by jenno1985