Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gervais is a good shout. And I quite hope it's right!

Though when I scrolled down the stages I saw that the Avalon cafe had most of Saturday dedicated to the Gentleman Of The Road Stopover. Could this mean Mumford & Sons will play a small set that day. Or even be the special guest on the Friday. An outside shot of course, but as soon as I saw that stopover, it sprung to mind.

I know this is quite harsh but why are people suggesting the most random and obscure bands?

If they are billed as special guests, they've gotta be someone which joe public has heard of. Listing your favourite band that you really wish the festival booked just makes me cringe to be honest.

My logic - who has stuff to promote, who's got a relationship with the festival, who's tour fits around glastonbury.

Like it or lump it, coldplay fit that category.

I know this is quite harsh but why are people suggesting the most random and obscure bands?

If they are billed as special guests, they've gotta be someone which joe public has heard of. Listing your favourite band that you really wish the festival booked just makes me cringe to be honest.

My logic - who has stuff to promote, who's got a relationship with the festival, who's tour fits around glastonbury.

Like it or lump it, coldplay fit that category.

I'm guessing The National. It's as good a guess as any.

Those saying Pulp - no chance. The film that comes out next month is all about the "goodbye gig" in Sheffield in 2012. There is nothing unusual about Cocker and Mackey DJing. They do it most years, they're just not usually billed beforehand.

Personally would be amazed if its a Headliner type band.

Beady Eye last year so someone like Coldplay would be a hell of a jump. I actually wouldnt be surprised if its someone along the lines of NGHFB, Example, Bastille, that sort of sized act