Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the idea of a special guest slot on the Other Stage, or even the Pyramid on one or more days. It will get punters wandering around a bit more instead of staying around the campsites. The park secret sets were a bit mad, massive acts on a tiny stage, it just couldn't continue. But having these acts on the Other Stage should be OK

As for who it's going to be, if anyone, my money's on Franz Ferdinand, after they implied they would be at Glasto in a recent tweet. I thought there secret set at the Park a few years ago was pretty bloody good

For what its worth, I also enjoyed Beady Eye last year as well. I think it's potentially a great slot and will fills a field which would normally be pretty empty at that time of day. And lots of people will hang around, so the next act would get a larger crowd than the might otherwise have got

beady eye were just boring, got a slight reaction on the oasis covers but nothing more, the hives got people moving though, a lot of energy for that time of the day just what was needed after boring eye :P

I really hope its not coldplay.....at that stage of the day im trying to wake up not go back to sleep, beady eye were boring as I said but coldplay would be worse! all the energy that kind of easy listening, elevator/supermarket music normally has.....ie none!

My vote would also be on the libertines, arent they meant to be doing a new album very soon? may want to get their name back out there with a bang?....

surprise sets are good for bands returning after a long absence, lets them judge how much they've been missed by the excitement generated :P and 11am or not still a high profile slot to be at glasto, guaranteed tv coverage etc